FM 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tempted to order FM18 this year- haven't played since FM11.
On my last FM11 save I had us in the top 4 with Rodwell as captain :oops:

Started a new save with SAFC on the updated database.
My advice, sell replace early. Only Promotion saved me from Administration.

I did this the other week, managed to get promotion straight away.
I signed Gary Hooper for about £2.5m and had a few loans in but really struggled to sell anyone on mine.

Won 4 out of 5 in the premier so far.
Team is something like this:
GK - Andre Moreira (loan)

DR - Sam Byram (loan)
CB - Harry Maguire (£2.6m)
CB - Papy
LB - Theo Hernandez (loan)

DM - Nathaniel Chalobah (£10m)
CM - Ndong
CM - Manual Locatelli (loan)

AMR- Watmore (player of the year for me in the championship)
AML - Demarai Gray (loan)

ST - Sardar Azmoun - (£15m)

Subs - Ruiter, Jones, Oviedo, Matthews, Kone, Bjorn Engels (loan), McNair, Cattermole, Rodwell, Gibson, Lens, Alex Berenguer (£3m ish), Khazri, Hooper, Vaughan

Still struggling to sell anyone so my squad is massive.​

I did this the other week, managed to get promotion straight away.
I signed Gary Hooper for about £2.5m and had a few loans in but really struggled to sell anyone on mine.

Won 4 out of 5 in the premier so far.
Team is something like this:
GK - Andre Moreira (loan)

DR - Sam Byram (loan)
CB - Harry Maguire (£2.6m)
CB - Papy
LB - Theo Hernandez (loan)

DM - Nathaniel Chalobah (£10m)
CM - Ndong
CM - Manual Locatelli (loan)

AMR- Watmore (player of the year for me in the championship)
AML - Demarai Gray (loan)

ST - Sardar Azmoun - (£15m)

Subs - Ruiter, Jones, Oviedo, Matthews, Kone, Bjorn Engels (loan), McNair, Cattermole, Rodwell, Gibson, Lens, Alex Berenguer (£3m ish), Khazri, Hooper, Vaughan

Still struggling to sell anyone so my squad is massive.​

I took a loss on some players, arranged loans then added purchase options for Roswell and Gibson.
Watmore was sold over my 9 million.
I brought in Teddy Bishop , Jay Emanuael Thomas as main buys.
Grabban Got 32 for me like. Bought him for 4 when I went up.

I took a loss on some players, arranged loans then added purchase options for Roswell and Gibson.
Watmore was sold over my 9 million.
I brought in Teddy Bishop , Jay Emanuael Thomas as main buys.
Grabban Got 32 for me like. Bought him for 4 when I went up.

:eek: He had a decent spell for me when Hooper was injured and even had back to back hat tricks but nothing like that.
Still wasn't enough to tempt me to buy him though

What sort ofr PC set up would you say i need to have for a large database and stuff or the biggest database ? My pc is 8 gig ram, pentium 3.20 ghz and 500gb hdd. One of the lads is suggesting i switch to an ssd and can upgarde to 16gb ram, will this work or is it the processor that you need to change for a better one? Ta

Anyone downloaded a lower league patch? Arca play for South Shields?

Thinking of giving it a go if so.
Turns out he does.

Thoroughly enjoying this save. Can't believe I've went and got hooked on it again so close to '18 coming out.

What sort ofr PC set up would you say i need to have for a large database and stuff or the biggest database ? My pc is 8 gig ram, pentium 3.20 ghz and 500gb hdd. One of the lads is suggesting i switch to an ssd and can upgarde to 16gb ram, will this work or is it the processor that you need to change for a better one? Ta

Processor upgrades speed up the calculations, RAM upgrades increase the amount of information that can be held in memory before your PC starts using a temporary file on your hard drive as a buffer, and an SSD massively increases the speed your processor reads information from your hard drive.

8 gig of RAM should be plenty for FM. Are you sure your processor is a Pentium?

SSD drives are class, though. Especially if you're using it as your main boot drive for Windows, as it will boot up in a fraction of the time it did previously and be noticeably quicker in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back