FM 16

Just started what will be my final FM16 save, hoping to get right into it so I don't buy FM17 but that remains to be seen

Downloaded a transfer window update and decided to do a Youth Academy only save with Crewe who start in League 2. I've made it a little easier on myself by setting the following rules

- I cannot sign any players unless they came through Crewe's Youth Academy, for example I have signed Nicky Maynard on a free transfer
- I'm allowed to play any current non Youth Academy products but I'm not allowed to renew any of their contracts and must accept any bids that come in
- I'm allowed to sign staff
- I haven't decided what to do if I'm sacked yet

Starting squad has a decent basis of players that have come through the Youth Academy and I have a decent enough starting 11 but once injuries / fatigue hits I don't have much in reserve so I'm having to play kids who are nowhere near ready for the first team. I'm mid table at the minute as I'm wildly inconsistent going from hammering promotion favourites to getting beaten easily by some of the poorer sides in the league

I don't really care where I finish up first season like as long as I don't go down, just waiting until March when I get my first intake so I can see what I have to work with

Into mid Jan now so only 2 months off my first youth intake, I keep trying to improve my youth coaching before this happens but I think there must be time limit on it as it won’t pop up in board requests. I’ve already done it once right at the start of the season like so can’t complain

A few bits of info from my save so far

Ben Garrett: Keeper is easily my best player and probably one of the best keepers below the Championship, if he makes his next move a good one I can see him playing in the Premier League. He will not sign a new contract with me, won’t even discuss one at the moment. I am a bit lucky like as without the 16/17 transfer update he would have been out of contract 2016 but is now out of contract 2017 so I have him for an extra year. I think I'm going to offer him about for a nominal fee sometime after the Jan transfer window next season in the hope sometimes bites, he'll be free in the summer of 17 anyway and I might be able to get a sell on clause in any transfer before that.

James Bailie: Crewe academy graduate right back was released by Crewe in the summer, I re-signed him to offer a bit more depth to the squad but he has been put into the first team earlier than I expected due to the below sale as I had to move my first choice right back into central midfield

James Jones: My best outfield player was playing as a deep lying playmaker, I was trying to re-train him as an AMC to offer a bit more tactical flexibility when Brendan Rogers / Celtic bid for him. I negotiated a decent deal worth a potential 1.75m + 50% of his next sale but lost my bottle and pressed reject. This caused the player to kick up a fuss and after exploring all conversation options I backed myself into a corner where I had to either say I was banishing him to the reserves or going to offer him to clubs

I tried to be clever and offered him for 2.5m thinking no one would come in but Celtic did and the board accepted it. 2.5m is a smashing price for a League 2 prospect but I’d rather have kept hold of him as he had 3+ years on his contract and was easily my best midfielder. If I could have re-trained him as an AMC he would have been an excellent advanced playmaker for this level with all attributes needed above 12

Nicky Maynard: When I re-signed him I knew I would have to use him sparingly as he has low stamina and natural fitness, I also knew he would pick up injuries and that showed with him only being available to start for roughly 50% of games. He started 5 times and came off the bench 5 times scoring 5 goals before getting a bad injury. He will now miss the season and I can see his stats plummeting, he even considered quitting. Probably means Maynards career is pretty much over as I reckon he will get back to rotational striker at best. Due to his injury record and his lack of stamina and natural fitness I can see his attributes plummeting

All in all things are going well enough, consistency is improving a bit and I’ve been surprised with the form of some of the young lads who I have had to play. We are in and around the play offs at the moment but the loss of James Jones is going to affect the team

I really want a striker, central midfielder and right midfielder who can at least be rotation players from my first intake. Fingers crossed

Regens. people seem to find these at will! I don't use scout software and still playing FM13. currently with Swindon in the CCC, finished 10th last year.

Into mid Jan now so only 2 months off my first youth intake, I keep trying to improve my youth coaching before this happens but I think there must be time limit on it as it won’t pop up in board requests. I’ve already done it once right at the start of the season like so can’t complain

A few bits of info from my save so far

Ben Garrett: Keeper is easily my best player and probably one of the best keepers below the Championship, if he makes his next move a good one I can see him playing in the Premier League. He will not sign a new contract with me, won’t even discuss one at the moment. I am a bit lucky like as without the 16/17 transfer update he would have been out of contract 2016 but is now out of contract 2017 so I have him for an extra year. I think I'm going to offer him about for a nominal fee sometime after the Jan transfer window next season in the hope sometimes bites, he'll be free in the summer of 17 anyway and I might be able to get a sell on clause in any transfer before that.

James Bailie: Crewe academy graduate right back was released by Crewe in the summer, I re-signed him to offer a bit more depth to the squad but he has been put into the first team earlier than I expected due to the below sale as I had to move my first choice right back into central midfield

James Jones: My best outfield player was playing as a deep lying playmaker, I was trying to re-train him as an AMC to offer a bit more tactical flexibility when Brendan Rogers / Celtic bid for him. I negotiated a decent deal worth a potential 1.75m + 50% of his next sale but lost my bottle and pressed reject. This caused the player to kick up a fuss and after exploring all conversation options I backed myself into a corner where I had to either say I was banishing him to the reserves or going to offer him to clubs

I tried to be clever and offered him for 2.5m thinking no one would come in but Celtic did and the board accepted it. 2.5m is a smashing price for a League 2 prospect but I’d rather have kept hold of him as he had 3+ years on his contract and was easily my best midfielder. If I could have re-trained him as an AMC he would have been an excellent advanced playmaker for this level with all attributes needed above 12

Nicky Maynard: When I re-signed him I knew I would have to use him sparingly as he has low stamina and natural fitness, I also knew he would pick up injuries and that showed with him only being available to start for roughly 50% of games. He started 5 times and came off the bench 5 times scoring 5 goals before getting a bad injury. He will now miss the season and I can see his stats plummeting, he even considered quitting. Probably means Maynards career is pretty much over as I reckon he will get back to rotational striker at best. Due to his injury record and his lack of stamina and natural fitness I can see his attributes plummeting

All in all things are going well enough, consistency is improving a bit and I’ve been surprised with the form of some of the young lads who I have had to play. We are in and around the play offs at the moment but the loss of James Jones is going to affect the team

I really want a striker, central midfielder and right midfielder who can at least be rotation players from my first intake. Fingers crossed

Sounds like it's going canny. I'm plodding along. Like I said in a previous post, I terminated the contracts of every non Crewe academy player.

George Cooper at Left Mid is amazing. Garrett is a whiny bastard...not performing great either despite decent stats.

Saunders is quality up top, as is Fraser Murdoch.

Matthew Neal at LB is pure shite and keeps getting sent off. He is literally the only LB in the club though so I'll have to persevere.

One of my Centre Backs, forget his name, could be Harry Davis, he requested a transfer, I said no, he threatened me with team mutiny, I told him to fuck off, stripped him of the captaincy, forced him to play with the U18s...and until he comes begging for forgiveness, he's not coming back into the first team, or leaving the club, the shithouse can rot.

Still mid table...playing okay. Don't foresee promotion for at least a couple of seasons unless I get any worldies in March.

Sounds like it's going canny. I'm plodding along. Like I said in a previous post, I terminated the contracts of every non Crewe academy player.

George Cooper at Left Mid is amazing. Garrett is a whiny bastard...not performing great either despite decent stats.

Saunders is quality up top, as is Fraser Murdoch.

Matthew Neal at LB is pure shite and keeps getting sent off. He is literally the only LB in the club though so I'll have to persevere.

One of my Centre Backs, forget his name, could be Harry Davis, he requested a transfer, I said no, he threatened me with team mutiny, I told him to fuck off, stripped him of the captaincy, forced him to play with the U18s...and until he comes begging for forgiveness, he's not coming back into the first team, or leaving the club, the shithouse can rot.

Still mid table...playing okay. Don't foresee promotion for at least a couple of seasons unless I get any worldies in March.

You not got John Guthrie for left back? I'm sure he came through the Crewe academy, it's a bit like playing a centre back there but he is better than Matthew Neal. I haven't tried Frazer Murdoch yet as I have more options up front than you since I'm playing the initial squad

Surprise of the game so far for me has been Charlie Kirk, looks very limited but playing well on the right side of midfield.

You not got John Guthrie for left back? I'm sure he came through the Crewe academy, it's a bit like playing a centre back there but he is better than Matthew Neal. I haven't tried Frazer Murdoch yet as I have more options up front than you since I'm playing the initial squad

Surprise of the game so far for me has been Charlie Kirk, looks very limited but playing well on the right side of midfield.

Not sure about Guthrie, I'll have a look for him when I get on FM when I finish work. Knowing my luck I'll have accidentally released him. Murdoch is on a good run at the minute, scoring as many as Saunders. George Cooper is genuinely outstanding, scoring goals for fun, and getting loads of assists. Kirk is decent at RM too as you say, just recently praised him for how well he's playing. Most of the squad are averaging between 7 and 8 ratings, except the left back and my keeper. I've got a centre back out on loan from the U21s which I regret not including a recall option as he's playing brilliant.

Not sure about Guthrie, I'll have a look for him when I get on FM when I finish work. Knowing my luck I'll have accidentally released him. Murdoch is on a good run at the minute, scoring as many as Saunders. George Cooper is genuinely outstanding, scoring goals for fun, and getting loads of assists. Kirk is decent at RM too as you say, just recently praised him for how well he's playing. Most of the squad are averaging between 7 and 8 ratings, except the left back and my keeper. I've got a centre back out on loan from the U21s which I regret not including a recall option as he's playing brilliant.

I've got a player called Ryan Wintle who doesn't even have a gold star yet but he is performing class for me when playing on the right hand side of midfield (usually when Charlie Kirk is knackered) and I only realised last night Crewe signed him from somewhere so I can't keep him after his current contract

Looking at the players I have now in the 1st team, U21s and U18 I think most will only progress to be decent League 2 players at beast with a couple who could do a job in the Championship. I do think Garrett (who will leave for free) and James Jones (who I've sold) have a chance of playing in the Premier League

I've got a player called Ryan Wintle who doesn't even have a gold star yet but he is performing class for me when playing on the right hand side of midfield (usually when Charlie Kirk is knackered) and I only realised last night Crewe signed him from somewhere so I can't keep him after his current contract

Looking at the players I have now in the 1st team, U21s and U18 I think most will only progress to be decent League 2 players at beast with a couple who could do a job in the Championship. I do think Garrett (who will leave for free) and James Jones (who I've sold) have a chance of playing in the Premier League

Harry Davis looked like he could be promising, do you still have him?

My 2nd season with Monaco is complete and it was an inconsistent season where I couldn't keep pace with the big hitters.

It started with massive turnover in the transfer market again. I find that the big clubs always unsettle my players to the point where I can't always keep them playing well. I sold £97m, worth of talent, the main one being my American centre back to Chelsea for £30m. I signed him just a season earlier but he was demanding a transfer and unsettling my squad. I spent £115m buying 2 attacking full backs and spending £35m on a striker to partner Mammadov.

So here's a summary of my competitions this season:

European Super Cup: Lost 2-0 to Real Madrid

Champions League: Disappointingly finished 3rd in the group stage behind Atletico and Benfica.

Europa League: Knocked out in the 1st knockout round by Man Utd (4-2 on agg)

Ligue 1: Finished 4th on 78 points. 12 points behind eventual winners PSG, although I kept pace with them until Christmas. Weird season as that points total last year would have seen me finish as runners up. I finished 21 points better off than the previous season so my team is improving but it's still very inconsistent.

League Cup: Runners Up. Had a great run, beating Lyon and Bordeaux on the way, but lost 1-0 to the untouchable PSG in the final.

FA Cup: Winners. The treble looked promising at one point, but this is the only trophy I won. The draw was fairly kind to me, although I still nearly screwed it up, having to win on penalties to beat Strasbourg and coming from 3-1 down in the final to beat Angers 5-4.

Star players: I have a decent squad but 3 players stand out a long way. I'm not sure I'll be able to keep them much longer as they're bordering on world class.

Rovsan Mammadov - My German international is now captain of his country. 29 goals in 28 games for them is an incredible record. Last season he scored 46 goals in all competitions for me and won the Golden Boot with 31 league goals. The vultures are circling though and it will be hard to keep him.

Logon or register to see this image

Pelezinho - My Captain for this season had another great season and in high demand. I still can't manage to decide his best position, he performs well in defence and in defensive midfield.

Logon or register to see this image

Joris Gyassi - My Dutch international striker cost me £35.5m in the summer. He repaid me with 30 goals in all competitions.

I think this save is showing just what an average player I am on this game. World Class Players at my disposal and I can't get them performing against the big 10-15 clubs in the world.

Season 9 Overall, Season 3 with Monaco.

Transfers

The Transfers this summer were low in numbers but high in prices. Joris Gyassi, the Dutch international who scored 30 goals last season was itching for a move. I got 7 offers from some of the worlds best teams and after doing my best Daniel Levy impression, I managed to hold out for top money. He moved to Dortmund for £60m. He was excellent for me but £25m profit in one season was good enough to let him go.An attacking midfield fringe player left for Schalke for £15m as well, giving me £75m to spend to improve my squad. First in was a striker to replace Gyassi. I spent £40m to bring Juvenal Carvalho, a 24 year old Portuguese international from Spurs. For £25m, I spent big on Eric Bamba, a strong Ivorian centre back at Sporting - this was going to allow me to play 3 at the back. Finally, my favourite signing, for £9.75m, Steffan Kristoffersen. This lad was first playing under me at Basel. He was running the midfield in my last season there. After that he went to AC Milan but found himself marginalised, and I picked him up at a bargain price.

Tactics

4-2-3-1 is my usual go to formation on this years game, but it doesn't really fit my Monaco players. So I decided to mix it up this season. 5-3-2 with wing backs. A ball playing defender bringing the ball out of defence, my wing backs creating the width and 2 world class strikers to finish anything in the final 3rd.

August to March

The start to this season was nothing short of sensational for my team after the first game. The first game was the Charity Shield and resulted in a 4-1 hammering from PSG. An ominous start which demonstrated the task on my hands this season. It got better though. Between August and March I won 23 league matches, drawing 2 and losing 4. I was hot on the heals of PSG who were 4 points ahead. The League Cup had been easy and I made my way to the final to be played in April. The FA Cup had given me a much harder draw but after wins over Lorient, St. Etienne and Nice, I was into the semi finals. The Europa League so far was proving my best tournament. I had an easy group but won all 6 games and only conceded 1 goal. Rijeka were then dispatched 5-1 on aggregate and I came through a massive test in round 2 by beating Atletico 3-2 on aggregate.

The Business End of The Season

So into April and I was still in all 4 competitions. It was looking promising and I was confident. First up was the League Cup Final. I had a tough match against Marseille and things looked bad when I went 1-0 after 20 mins,. But 2 quick fire goals just before half time put me back in front and it stayed like that. Monaco 2-1 Marseille. Monaco are the League Cup Winners. Good result but a nothing trophy. I had my eyes on the bigger prizes. I don't have long to wait. 4 days later I was off to Istanbul to face Galatasaray in the Europa League Quarter Final. It was a close match and the 2-2 result was fair. The 2nd leg wasn't as close though. A comfortable 3-0 win and I was into the semi final. The FA Cup semi final against Lille was my 5th match in 14 days. My schedule was getting tight and players were getting heavily rotated. I had 4 key players missing but still won a relatively comfortable 2-0 match. I was into the final. 3 days later and I slipped up in the league. A 1-1 draw at home to Caen gave PSG the initiative. They pulled 6 points clear. The next 2 weeks were about to prove disastrous. A 1-1 draw at home to Sporting in the Europa League Semi Final left my dreams in the balance. The return leg, I pushed for the win but lost 3-1 and went out. Sandwiched in between those games was a 1-0 league defeat at home to Nice. Fortunately for me, PSG also lost, leaving the gap at 6 points. My next match at the Parc De Princes was a must win if I was to keep my title hopes intact. In one of the performances of the season I won 2-1 to reduce the gap to 3 points. It wasn't enough though and PSG won their remaining games to smash the 90 point barrier and keep me in 2nd place. I was a bit deflated after missing out on the big 2 trophies but a consolation was still available in the shape of the FA Cup. My players were up for it and 1 2-0 win over Lyon saw me win an unusual double.

Summary

League: Final Position 2nd. P38, W28, D5, L5, F79, A23, PTS 89
Europa League: Semi Finalist
FA Cup: Winners
League Cup Winners

Star Performers : Gino Peruzzi is enjoying an Indian Summer in his career as a wing back in my 5-3-2. 34 games and 24 assists, not bad for a 32 year old. Rovsan Mammadov kept up his sensational record with 38 goals in 44 games in all competitions. His new strike partner Juvenal Carvalho proved to be a top replacement for Gyassi with 37 goals and 13 assists in 50 games in all competitions. Finally a mention for Kristoffersen. He's pretty much the Xavi of my team. He's the man behind the man. Only 6 assists all season doesn't look impressive. But from his roaming playmaker role, every ball that found my wing backs in space was from inch perfect from his foot. An 87% pass completion rate and an average rating of 7.93 shows how important he was to me.

Next season I need to go 1 step further. But it's going to be tough as the funds for transfers aren't there like previous seasons. This is because the club have left Stade Louis II and spent a lot of money on the Ettori Arena, a 42,000 seater stadium owned by the club. This is long overdue and necessary for the club to compete in the upper echelons of the game.

I have a question for you FG, as you seem to absolutely love this game. I'm still playing FM13 and I don't think it's that different to FM16. Ama right?

My question is, do you have to micro-manage he shit out of this game to really be good at it? I'm lazy, I always take the shortcuts and let staff the PC select the players for the next match etc...yes, that lazy. Is total manipulation of the game required? Or can I at least be lazy in certain areas?

Harry Davis looked like he could be promising, do you still have him?

Yeah is my first choice alongside George Ray. You were right about Jon Guthrie, he didn't come through the ranks so I will have to sell / release him whichever comes first.

I got my first Youth Intake, couple of players may go onto be decent around about League One / Two Level. There were 2 who looked like they could get further than that but they both have low determination stats so probably wont progress well. I do have 1 potential star, coaches thing he could become a good Championship player if he progresses. He's a right winger which I did initially want but a few days before the intake I completed a deal for Billy Waters to return and he plays right wing as well. At the moment I'm giving the youngster the odd start and he is progressing well

Finished the first season in the play offs, beat Exeter for the 3rd and 4th time that season in the Semi Finals then beat Notts Co on pens to get promoted. I've brought in a couple of former Crewe kids for the squad but no one for the first team. I'm in 18th at the moment (Jan 17) and probably won't go down but I'm going to lose my keeper / best player Ben Garrett in the summer and his replacement is about a 10th as good so next season is already going to be a struggle.

My first choice 11 is almost all Crewe academy graduates so the challenge is going well. Think I only have Chris Dagnall (expires 2017), Billy Bingham (expires 2017) and Jon Guthrie (expires 2018) in the first team squad who aren't academy graduates

GK: Ben Garrett
RB: James Bailie (signed on a free but is an academy graduate)
CB: Harry Davis
CB: George Ray
LB: Jon Guthrie (non academy graduate, contract expires 2018)

RM: Billy Waters (signed for 20k from Cheltenham but is an academy graduate)
CM: Oliver Finney
CM: Oliver Turton
LM: Charlie Kirk
CAM: George Cooper

CF: Nicky Maynard (signed on a free but is an academy graduate)

Into 5th season of my Hamburg save so far

15/16 - 2nd (Champions League Group Stage)
16/17 - 3rd (Champions League QF)
17/18 - 2nd (Champions League QF)
18/19 -3rd ( Champions League winners)
19/20 - 3rd ( Champions League SF)

Being concentrating too much on the CL games resting key players for league games which has been costing me. Finally feel like got the squad to to end the Bayern and Dortmund domination. Got a good amount of Germany players around the first team still

Ron- Robert Zieler
Niklas Süle
Joshua Kimmich
Felix Passlack
Julian Draxler
Julian Brandt
Arianit Ferati
Addo (Regen wonderkid signed on a free from Stuggart)

Sold on a few players for huge profit the likes of Ayoze Perez signed on a free sold for £30m, Hirving Lozano £50m, Bernard Mensah £25m and Jason Denayer £25m to name a few. Could easily sell Oliver Torres too for £60m but hanging onto him until Real Madrid stop asking £45m for a unwanted Martin Ødegaard the club finances are great (£130m transfer budget) but I'm doing a Wenger being tight :lol:

Last edited:
Into 5th season of my Hamburg save so far

15/16 - 2nd (Champions League Group Stage)
16/17 - 3rd (Champions League QF)
17/18 - 2nd (Champions League QF)
18/19 -3rd ( Champions League winners)
19/20 - 3rd ( Champions League SF)

Being concentrating too much on the CL games resting key players for league games which has been costing me. Finally feel like got the squad to to end the Bayern and Dortmund domination. Got a good amount of Germany players around the first team still

Ron- Robert Zieler
Niklas Süle
Joshua Kimmich
Felix Passlack
Julian Draxler
Julian Brandt
Arianit Ferati
Addo (Regen wonderkid signed on a free from Stuggart)

Sold on a few players for huge profit the likes of Ayoze Perez signed on a free sold for £30m, Hirving Lozano £50m, Bernard Mensah £25m and Jason Denayer £25m to name a few. Could easily sell Oliver Torres too for £60m but hanging onto him until Real Madrid stop asking £45m for a unwanted Martin Ødegaard the club finances are great (£130m transfer budget) but I'm doing a Wenger being tight :lol:

I've been pursuing him like a rabid dog in my successful Sunderland save. He's not interested and never has been. Happy at Bayern. Got Bellerin now so cooled that a bit.

Also Dortmund have a German regen who is arguably the best centre half in the world on that save, aged 23. He also keeps f***ing me off.

So I was doing decent with Crewe, sitting in 4th in the first season with my kids playing, but then Birmingham came calling. They were fighting relegation in the Championship. I made an extra save and took the job. Already got Birmingham up to mid table after 5 games, and only 8 points off playoffs with 8 games to go. Still plan on going back to my Crewe save at some point as I was enjoying it.

So I was doing decent with Crewe, sitting in 4th in the first season with my kids playing, but then Birmingham came calling. They were fighting relegation in the Championship. I made an extra save and took the job. Already got Birmingham up to mid table after 5 games, and only 8 points off playoffs with 8 games to go. Still plan on going back to my Crewe save at some point as I was enjoying it.

It gets proper hard mind mate. I stayed in League One after promotion, missed out on the play offs by 2 points after a great end of season run but now I've lost Ben Garrett everything is much harder. I'm mid table in Nov 17 at the moment but injuries are hitting and I've only gotten about 3 players out of 2 youth intakes to use in the first team squad. I reckon I'm in serious relegation trouble to be honest, me new GK is 16 and nowhere near as good as Garrett

It gets proper hard mind mate. I stayed in League One after promotion, missed out on the play offs by 2 points after a great end of season run but now I've lost Ben Garrett everything is much harder. I'm mid table in Nov 17 at the moment but injuries are hitting and I've only gotten about 3 players out of 2 youth intakes to use in the first team squad. I reckon I'm in serious relegation trouble to be honest, me new GK is 16 and nowhere near as good as Garrett

I think I'll struggle massively if I get promoted when I go back to Crewe like. Seems fine in League 2 because the kids can hold their own, but I can imagine it'll be difficult making the step up. Any way to search for previous academy players? I know the likes of Nick Powell, Ashley Westwood came through the youths, but struggling to find many who are really decent.

I think I'll struggle massively if I get promoted when I go back to Crewe like. Seems fine in League 2 because the kids can hold their own, but I can imagine it'll be difficult making the step up. Any way to search for previous academy players? I know the likes of Nick Powell, Ashley Westwood came through the youths, but struggling to find many who are really decent.

Yeah. Go to players search and select 'Home Grown' from the menu then you can search for @club and type Crewe. I added everyone who looked half decent to my short list and have so far signed

Nicky Maynard, James Bailey, Cheyenne Dunkley, Adam Trickett Smith and Billy Waters

I've been pursuing him like a rabid dog in my successful Sunderland save. He's not interested and never has been. Happy at Bayern. Got Bellerin now so cooled that a bit.

Also Dortmund have a German regen who is arguably the best centre half in the world on that save, aged 23. He also keeps f***ing me off.
Hes class like I had him on me shortlist but had Carl Jenkinson and Manquillo for RB options then he moved to Hoffenheim for £3m without me noticing after a couple of seasons :evil:. I eventually sold both Jenkinson and Manquillo and replaced them with Chambers and Passlack £8m :cool:. Last season Bayern activated Chambers's £30m release clause which wasnt really too bad with Passlack ready to come in :D

My current save I'm on with, I'm the lads & keep getting numerous amounts of red cards. It's taking the f***ing piss! Just before work there I played West Ham who are managed by non other than Sam Allardyce, he told the press he thinks SAFC should sack me, so went onto lose the game 2-1 92nd minute winner by Sakho, had to turn off after game but board called me into a meeting so reckon this could be the end like. Bellends fat sams fault :lol: meh if I do get the boot I'm giving this game the boot till 17 comes out.

Well got the boot last night from the lads. Board meeting gave me 5 games to save my job I had to get 7 points I took 2 points from 3 games going into the fourth lost 1 nil to Swansea, couldn't be arsed to start again so thought meh I'll give a go a continuing for a bit sure enough I got an approach from a struggling Huddersfield. Had interview with them the offered me the job so thought I'd give it a go, taking over with 8 games left they were a point from safety in 21st place.
First game against Sheffield Wednesday I lost 2-1 having took a early lead all the teams around me won and have a game in hand which the other 2 teams in the struggle with me (MK Dons & Rotherham) both won so I found myself 5 points a drift in 22nd place, next 2 games against hull then the smogs, beat hull 3-0 with MK Dons n Rotherham losing, I then drew 3-3 with the smogs having led 3-1 but MK dons n Rotherham both lost again in now a point away from safety with Blackburn next who are in 6th place then the relegation 6 pointer against Rotherham. I'll definitely knock it on the head tonight if I get relegated :lol:

Last edited:

Back