Flying to Oz...

It is much quieter than Sydney or Melbourne. I don't know it that well but it seems there are a lot of British emigrants there, some areas seem like British retirement areas. ( I think this is because some people when they emigrated were allowed to emigrate if they went to A rather than sydney or Melbourne ).
However the beaches are beautiful and empty. I'm sure you will have great holiday there. You could always do a few days elsewhere if you needed to see the iconic australian sights.
There are a lot of sports arenas there so if you like sport you can probably catch a game of something.

Qatar airlines is the number one airline.

Cheers, expect we’ll spend most of the time in Adelaide with her parents then a trip to Melbourne.

If the plane isn’t full then economy can be better than the other grades, particularly if you can grab a row to yourself. The arm rests fold back so that you can sit sideways on with your feet up making it almost as good as a flat bed.

Newcastle to Dubai is a canny way to go to Australia too.

It is much quieter than Sydney or Melbourne. I don't know it that well but it seems there are a lot of British emigrants there, some areas seem like British retirement areas. ( I think this is because some people when they emigrated were allowed to emigrate if they went to A rather than sydney or Melbourne ).
However the beaches are beautiful and empty. I'm sure you will have great holiday there. You could always do a few days elsewhere if you needed to see the iconic australian sights.
There are a lot of sports arenas there so if you like sport you can probably catch a game of something.

Qatar airlines is the number one airline.
Big Sunderland contingent there. They really looked after me when I was there despite my shite defending getting them knocked out in the semi final of a footy tournament.:lol:
Australian branch of the supporters club used to be there but not sure they still are. I keep in touch with one of the lasses via Facebook.
I like Adelaide. It's laid back with a cracking cricket ground. Also a nice beach at Glenelg where I got my legendary sunburn.

If you have time consider hiring a car and driving to Melbourne. It's the great ocean road.
A 5 day road trip from Melbourne to Adelaide - Tourism Australia

What suburb in adelaide?
Definitely do this if you have time.

London singapore adelaide is about 12 and 12 iirc and London doha adelaide is about 8 and 14. So flight times and prices are probably more relevant. Singapore Airlines seem to be pretty good for a London sydney return with either a stopover or break in Singapore ( pricewise).
London Singapore is about 14 iirc and Singapore Perth is under 5

We went LHR to Hong Kong, stayed there 2 or 3 nights then arrived in Sydney first thing Monday morning, flew with Qantas, had a bulk head seat in economy LHR - HKG which was great, that was 12 hours, normal seats HKG-SYD which was about 8 hours. On way back we did the journey in one fell swoop and had a 2 hour layover in Bangkok and in total that was about 22-24 hours, we slept all the way from BKK to LHR, mind got pissed between SYD - BKK :lol: Luckily had a bulkhead coming back too. If you can, get a bulkhead and stop over for at least a night so you're not getting into Oz knackered if that makes sense.

I wouldn't have thought so, it really isn't that big. Suburb is probably known as Unley, you can cycle to the beach from there, it isn't that far ( by the river).

I don't think they're cities in the way we'd know them. They seem to be more like the American idea of a "city": Local government areas of South Australia - Wikipedia

Unley is supposed to be quite nice, seems pretty close to the City of Adelaide proper too.

I'm right with London singapore, it is around twelve hours but yes singapore to Adelaide is only seven hours. So doesn't make huge odds where you have your stopover middle east or far east.
7 plus 14 or 12 plus 7.
Over 13 according to google, and to Perth is 5, so over 2 and a half times longer.

Even by your numbers, 7 plus 14 is twice as long

Over 13 according to google, and to Perth is 5, so over 2 and a half times longer.

Even by your numbers, 7 plus 14 is twice as long
I've lost the point here
Is it that it doesn't matter where you do your stopover?

London middle East 7 hours ISH
Middle East to oz, Around 14 hours
Total 21 hours.

London Singapore 13 hours ISH
Singapore Adelaide 7 hours
Total 2o hours.

Doesn't really matter where you do your stopover.

Not sure where you get the two and a half times longer from
:confused:

I've lost the point here
Is it that it doesn't matter where you do your stopover?

London middle East 7 hours ISH
Middle East to oz, Around 14 hours
Total 21 hours.

London Singapore 13 hours ISH
Singapore Adelaide 7 hours
Total 2o hours.

Doesn't really matter where you do your stopover.

Not sure where you get the two and a half times longer from
:confused:
13 is over 2.5 tines longer than 5

Not sure how you’re taking 14 hours from Dubai to Perth, when you’re only taking 7 hours from London, but good luck to you

7 and 14 (per your earlier post) is double anarl, unless my 2 x table isn’t working

13 is over 2.5 tines longer than 5

Not sure how you’re taking 14 hours from Dubai to Perth, when you’re only taking 7 hours from London, but good luck to you

7 and 14 (per your earlier post) is double anarl, unless my 2 x table isn’t working
It's about 7 or 8 hours from London to middle East, then about 14 hours to Adelaide from middle East. Making a total of approx 21 hours.

It's less than 13 hours to Singapore from London. Then seven hours to Adelaide. Total flying time about 20 hours.

So wherever you stop you have either 13 plus 7 OR 7 plus 14.

So there isn't really an advantage of stopping in either area, you might as well look at flight times ( takeoff arrive) or cost.

Back