Flying to Oz...

Never had a problem myself but I'm a short arse. Having a stopover breaks it up as well.
First time I flew back the plane was almost empty so had three seats to myself. It was class, I slept most of the way.

Flighs i got last year going out were perfect.

11am out of heathrow and then 2 hkurs abu dhabi and then the overnight leg to perth getting there at 1pm.

Most the others were getting into perth at midnight or 1 am

I was just going to say have you thought about splitting it at least on the outbound .How long you going for ?
We’re out for roughly three weeks....

Never had a problem myself but I'm a short arse. Having a stopover breaks it up as well.
First time I flew back the plane was almost empty so had three seats to myself. It was class, I slept most of the way.
We’re off in September/October I was wondering how empty the flight would be

We’re out for roughly three weeks....

We’re off in September/October I was wondering how empty the flight would be
It's always a dilemma like, you could stop in Singapore or Bangkok for two days , canny break after 17 hours flying but then it's always in your mind you have the same to do again shortly .if you had longer obviously it would be a no brainer to break it ( for me anyway)
I have back hip problems from time to time and to be fair Its asking a lot for it to stand 30 hours sitting none stop .
If you do do it in one journey I would think sleeping too long might be a bad thing posturally, get up walk about , stretch , twist , drink water . You're going to be fucked when you get there anyway so a bit missed sleep won't count .
On balance I would stop off and treat it as a bonus .

It's always a dilemma like, you could stop in Singapore or Bangkok for two days , canny break after 17 hours flying but then it's always in your mind you have the same to do again shortly .if you had longer obviously it would be a no brainer to break it ( for me anyway)
I have back hip problems from time to time and to be fair Its asking a lot for it to stand 30 hours sitting none stop .
If you do do it in one journey I would think sleeping too long might be a bad thing posturally, get up walk about , stretch , twist , drink water . You're going to be fucked when you get there anyway so a bit missed sleep won't count .

Its not 30 hours.. Flying time if you got to sydney is about 20 and you get 2 hours to walk about in bwtween. Used to be shit but with ipads and loads of choice seat back ita easy to kill the time

yeh yeh, look at me etc....

Can anyone give me a review of what it’s like to fly Economy there? I get back problems and worried about leg room etc...plus it’s a bastard long time...

I did look stupidly at going business class but got quoted £3k...:eek:
Man up. We always fly economy, due too again in 3 weeks.
I flew back one time 6 weeks after major spinal surgery no bother and have had no bother since. Yes there are things I'd rather be doing but just sit back and watch movies, sleep when you can/want and limit your drinks to mealtimes.

Man up. We always fly economy, due too again in 3 weeks.
I flew back one time 6 weeks after major spinal surgery no bother and have had no bother since. Yes there are things I'd rather be doing but just sit back and watch movies, sleep when you can/want and limit your drinks to mealtimes.

This man knows

I actually prefer long flights over mid haul. The 3 to 5 houra ones. Not long enough to properly chill out

This man knows

I actually prefer long flights over mid haul. The 3 to 5 houra ones. Not long enough to properly chill out
If you're not travelling with young children it's a piece of piss. My daughter's 6 so the wise thing for me to do is sleep when she does but even she will watch a couple of movies now I think.

Its not 30 hours.. Flying time if you got to sydney is about 20 and you get 2 hours to walk about in bwtween. Used to be shit but with ipads and loads of choice seat back ita easy to kill the time
20 hours to Sydney ?? Not the flights I looked at , mind I was looking for cheap first :lol:
20 hours including a 2 hour stop over I would do one go. I just switch off

Do a stopover is my advice. Good to see a different place too.
London singapore is about 12 hours then I think another 12 into Australia.

If you want to be in Perth then go non stop it's just 17 hours. I usually want to be in adelaide so doesn't make so much sense for me. Did London doha overnight then doha adelaide, last year, wasn't too bad at all. Qatar airlines.

I can’t sleep on planes so it’s a bit of a nightmare. Before the kids came along, I’d get on the drink and have an alcohol induced sleep :lol:. Now, I’m just grumpy during the whole flight

That’s my thinking, good advice

They'll be pretty quiet......not many people are brave enough to fly during the typhoon season
:eek: Parp

How big are you?
6’2 about 14 stone...

Do a stopover is my advice. Good to see a different place too.
London singapore is about 12 hours then I think another 12 into Australia.

If you want to be in Perth then go non stop it's just 17 hours. I usually want to be in adelaide so doesn't make so much sense for me. Did London doha overnight then doha adelaide, last year, wasn't too bad at all. Qatar airlines.

Girlfriend’s parents did the same route here and back there with Qatar, reckoned it was pretty good.

As an aside, what’s Adelaide like? Probably going there at Christmas time with said girlfriend. She obviously reckons it’s great because she’s from there, looks a bit pokey to me...

Girlfriend’s parents did the same route here and back there with Qatar, reckoned it was pretty good.

As an aside, what’s Adelaide like? Probably going there at Christmas time with said girlfriend. She obviously reckons it’s great because she’s from there, looks a bit pokey to me...
It is much quieter than Sydney or Melbourne. I don't know it that well but it seems there are a lot of British emigrants there, some areas seem like British retirement areas. ( I think this is because some people when they emigrated were allowed to emigrate if they went to A rather than sydney or Melbourne ).
However the beaches are beautiful and empty. I'm sure you will have great holiday there. You could always do a few days elsewhere if you needed to see the iconic australian sights.
There are a lot of sports arenas there so if you like sport you can probably catch a game of something.

Qatar airlines is the number one airline.

Stopover in middle east

Splits journey more evenly than HK, Singapore, Bangkok etc
London singapore adelaide is about 12 and 12 iirc and London doha adelaide is about 8 and 14. So flight times and prices are probably more relevant. Singapore Airlines seem to be pretty good for a London sydney return with either a stopover or break in Singapore ( pricewise).

Back