Flying to Oz...

Lukas73

Striker
yeh yeh, look at me etc....

Can anyone give me a review of what it’s like to fly Economy there? I get back problems and worried about leg room etc...plus it’s a bastard long time...

I did look stupidly at going business class but got quoted £3k...:eek:

Can anyone give me a review of what it’s like to fly Economy there? I get back problems and worried about leg room etc...plus it’s a bastard long time...

First flight is alright but the second one is shite. Loads of films and boxsets but better off just getting on the drink and falling asleep

We flew to New Zealand with Etihad, the leg between Abu Dhabi and Sydney was on. virgin Australia plane and that was the best economy seat for legroom and space generally on the trip. The Etihad planes themselves were fairly standard (cramped).

Don’t scrimp is my advice

Everyone's different depending how easily you can sleep etc. but I didn't find the flights too bad. Went with Qantas about 15 year ago like.

Maybe book the economy seats beside exits so you have more legroom?

I idid Etihad at Christmas and it was fine

A380 to abu dhabi then dreamliner to perth

Great flight times too
Heard the Dreamliner’s are class....

The Mrs(pics on here somewhere) is on about stopping via Singapore, wondering if it’s just worth getting the non stop and dealing with it...I expect that costs too though..

Last edited:
It depends on how they configure the seating some airlines cram an extra seat per row which can make them uncomfortable. 777s can be configured 3,3,3 or 3,4,3. They’re fine with the first set up but pretty uncomfortable in the second. I think the dreamliner has the same issue. I usually check seat guru to check how planes are configured if I have a choice of airlines for long haul

It's only an extra £100 each to get an exit row seat on Emirates and if you book early enough then you should be able to get one.

Very occasionally Emirates will offer you an upgrade to business for £300 per flight if you are a skywards member and there is availability. They send you an email about 4 days before you leave. You don't get the lounge or chauffeur service but I've done it a few times and it makes the journey a lot more pleasant.

The Mrs(pics on here somewhere) is on about stopping via Singapore, wondering if it’s just worth getting the non stop and dealing with it...I expect that costs too though..
they are

its an endurance test in any economy but theyre slightly better

I was just going to say have you thought about splitting it at least on the outbound .How long you going for ?

Flew on both Dreamliner and A380 both are comfortable compared to a 747 so if you fly on them it should be fine. I got some over the counter sleeping tablets in Sydney and took them on the way back and slept for 6 hours.

Flew with Qantas about 6 years back. We had a 2-3 day stopover in Hong Kong (Singapore on way back) to break it up. Booked the seats with extra leg room which was definitely worth it. Still bloody uncomfortable for me. The missus was fine though so just depends what you're like in airline seats generally.

Back