Flying Scotsman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently looking like light rain and overcast for the uphill, drier and brighter for the afternoon. Have fun.

I cant do the afternoon run :-( the dentist beckons
:lol:

Light rain according to the met office, I've persuaded the wife to drive over now - what's the plans for meeting up?
Look for ken skipping from rock to rock like a child.

Have the shits dried up ? I won't tell if you're wearing some sort of nappy

I'd suggest we meet you in hawes

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

Look for ken skipping from rock to rock like a child.

Have the shits dried up ? I won't tell if you're wearing some sort of nappy

I'd suggest we meet you in hawes

Keeping food in at both ends now, bloody exhausted though and aching all over. What time in Hawes?

Weather looks even better now, this weather forecasting is rubbish! at this rate it will be clear blue skies

Its going to piss down now!

Last edited:
Keeping food in at both ends now, bloody exhausted though and aching all over. What time in Hawes?

Weather looks even better now, this weather forecasting is rubbish! at this rate it will be clear blue skies

Its going to piss down now!
Meet in the creamery car park at 10.15. filthy white dacia :)

Number is on website if you can't find me

Ok, Ill be in a filthy pale blue zafira!
Dorty old man ;)

Currently looking like light rain and overcast for the uphill, drier and brighter for the afternoon. Have fun.
Well so far kenaldo has got the wrong day and Roberto was a no show

I told you I'd have to take the photos for them :rolleyes::lol:

Dorty old man ;)
Well so far kenaldo has got the wrong day and Roberto was a no show
I told you I'd have to take the photos for them :rolleyes::lol:

I did turn up, bloody traffic from catterick! got to hawes about 10:25 no phone signal either! Just got in place on the hillside and the scotsman was 10 minutes early the twats. Then I shot the whole thing in jpeg - doh! frightened to look at the photos now

I did turn up, bloody traffic from catterick! got to hawes about 10:25 no phone signal either! Just got in place on the hillside and the scotsman was 10 minutes early the twats. Then I shot the whole thing in jpeg - doh! frightened to look at the photos now
Left hawes at 10.31 so just missed you...

Where did you shoot from? Back for the return ?

Left hawes at 10.31 so just missed you...

Where did you shoot from? Back for the return ?
Nah, back home now, got to take myself and daughter to dentist in an hour so cant make it.
Parked in the pub carpark, wife went in there for coffee and I walked up the hill opposite the viaduct on the right. Took me by surprise when it turned up early, wasn't ready at all, didn't have time to change lens or anything - photos are crap. I might pluck up the courage to post one!

Nah, back home now, got to take myself and daughter to dentist in an hour so cant make it.
Parked in the pub carpark, wife went in there for coffee and I walked up the hill opposite the viaduct on the right. Took me by surprise when it turned up early, wasn't ready at all, didn't have time to change lens or anything - photos are crap. I might pluck up the courage to post one!
The worst aspect of all this is you gave that twat some money!

Just means it is still on my list to shoot, and I'll have to go back! Great views round there mind. I probably should have gone up the hill where the crowd was for a better shot.

The worst aspect of all this is you gave that twat some money!
You not like the landlord?

Last edited:
Just means it is still on my list to shoot, and I'll have to go back! Great views round there mind. I probably should have gone up the hill where the crowd was for a better shot.

You not like the landlord?
I could only reply by pm ;)

You got a canny way up that hill then :)

I wanted to get the train below the hoizon, needed to be further right I think, or right over the other side - might have seen all of the loco from there.

Future Scotsman Dates for Ribblehead, all Sundays!!! 16 July The Waverley from York to Carlisle
23 July The Waverley from York to Carlisle
6 August The Waverley from York to Carlisle
13 August The Waverley from York to Carlisle
20 August The Waverley from York to Carlisle http://www.railwaytouring.net/uk-day-trips/the-waverley-1

Last edited:
I wanted to get the train below the hoizon, needed to be further right I think, or right over the other side - might have seen all of the loco from there.

Future Scotsman Dates for Ribblehead, all Sundays!!! 16 July The Waverley from York to Carlisle
20 August The Waverley from York to Carlisle http://www.railwaytouring.net/uk-day-trips/the-waverley-1
You won't get a lot higher, maybe a touch

I was about 300 yards to the right where you get Ingleborough and train together in a tighter shot

From the west isn't half as good tbh

Tornado on the viaduct this Saturday

@K3NA

I might just shoot with the 30x zoom on the lumix

There's also a steamy doing Newcastle to York on bank holiday monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back