Flying Aids RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funeral of Keith Brown (Flying Aids) will be held at South Shields Crematorium at 1:00PM on Friday 3rd January 2014. It was Keith's wish for people to wear a football top of whichever team they support, so this would be appreciated if possible.
Details of the venue following the service will be confirmed soon. (the fountain in south shields is now confirmed)
family flowers only please- all/any donations to St Clare's hospice please.

Here's hoping that tomorrow goes as well as it's possible for such a day to go for you and the family Mal
I will be wearing my Sunderland shirt all day as a mark of respect

So sorry to hear about your loss.
I did not know your brother personally, only through his posts on this forum.
I did not always agree with him, but he battled against his condition with a sense of humour and total lack of self pity.
My thoughts are with you and your family.

Fella, we've never met and are never really likely to, but be assured that some stranger from the internet has just raised a bottle in memory of your brother, and is thinking of you and your family. RIP Keith.
This. R.I.P. Flying Aids, we had many a debate. I'll miss the bloke, even though I probably never met the bloke!

Will be thinking of you and your family tomorrow Mal. As has already been said, may it go as well as possible RIP Kieth.

Once again thankyou to everyone for all the messages of support .Yesterday was an excellent day (as excellent as these things can be) and as requested people did turn up in football tops (of whichever team they supported) and im sure Keith would have been as overwhelmed by the turnout as i was.
As requested it was family flowers only and it was decided to have a collection for St claire's Hospice for those wishing to contribute.
The collection raised £747 for St claire's - if this money gives 1 person 1 extra day with their family then it was certainly all worthwhile.
I would also like to thank the posters and Lurkers off here who took the time out to attend (i never realized how many lurkers there were- but you know who you are)
Keith had decided his own music for yesterday so in keeping with his sense of humour im sure you won't be surprised to hear his final song was This is the end by the Doors
It may well have been the end for Keith but for others it was just the beginning of memories

mal

Once again thankyou to everyone for all the messages of support .Yesterday was an excellent day (as excellent as these things can be) and as requested people did turn up in football tops (of whichever team they supported) and im sure Keith would have been as overwhelmed by the turnout as i was.
As requested it was family flowers only and it was decided to have a collection for St claire's Hospice for those wishing to contribute.
The collection raised £747 for St claire's - if this money gives 1 person 1 extra day with their family then it was certainly all worthwhile.
I would also like to thank the posters and Lurkers off here who took the time out to attend (i never realized how many lurkers there were- but you know who you are)
Keith had decided his own music for yesterday so in keeping with his sense of humour im sure you won't be surprised to hear his final song was This is the end by the Doors
It may well have been the end for Keith but for others it was just the beginning of memories

mal

Glad the day went well Mal - just let out a huge laugh there when you mentioned the Doors as the first conversation Keith and I had on here was more of an altercation about the merits (or otherwise) of Morrison Hotel - without realising for a long while afterwards that we knew each other.
As a mark of respect I wore my Sunderland shirt all day - which attracted the odd weird look (especially at St.John's Hospital in Livingston - where I had to take my missus for an appointment). The people of West Lothian don't see too many fat guts in Sunderland shirts on January days
I have made a donation to St Claires online to round it up to the straight £800
Take care

Glad the day went well Mal - just let out a huge laugh there when you mentioned the Doors as the first conversation Keith and I had on here was more of an altercation about the merits (or otherwise) of Morrison Hotel - without realising for a long while afterwards that we knew each other.
As a mark of respect I wore my Sunderland shirt all day - which attracted the odd weird look (especially at St.John's Hospital in Livingston - where I had to take my missus for an appointment). The people of West Lothian don't see too many fat guts in Sunderland shirts on January days
I have made a donation to St Claires online to round it up to the straight £800
Take care
wonderful gestures mate- thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back