FlyBe

Anyone work for these?

Things aren't looking very good. Expected administration tomorrow. Few people I work with being sent to Belfast first thing to help with repatriation.

Read if they fold there will only be 4 flights a day from Belfast City Airport so could be bad news for more than just Flybe and their staff. Hopefully it all gets sorted.

Talk of reducing tax on internal flights but sounds like a big tax bill needs sorting first

Read if they fold there will only be 4 flights a day from Belfast City Airport so could be bad news for more than just Flybe and their staff. Hopefully it all gets sorted.

Talk of reducing tax on internal flights but sounds like a big tax bill needs sorting first

not only Belfast. There’s quite a few smaller airports out there which will be impacted if it was to happen.

Logon or register to see this image

Flew with them a few times, decent airline. Due to fly to Belfast next month so fingers crossed

Virgin, stobartair and someone else bought into flybe last Yr.
I'd presume a few routes are unprofitable and wouldn't be surprised in them selling a few in the next few months.

I fly with them to Glasgow and Ponteland 4 or 5 times a year. They are great. 2 hours 30 mins from my back door to sitting in me Mam’s kitchen having a cuppa. All for £80 return. If they go tits up, then there will be a gap at Southampton Airport.

Seems very strange that FlyBe get government help, but nobody else has done before.

Possibly because its a lot of business-related flights within the UK, rather than trips to overseas places that other airlines will ultimately pick up the slack for?

This chatter about APD just shows how much of a shit, cobbled-together, tax it is. Just make it per mile flown, and have the airlines pay it themselves - then set prices accordingly. Maybe even get them to calculate the CO2 for each flight and encourage more efficient planes too?

Back