Flu and smoking has changed.

Radge that, been on them for 10 years now.

Half tempted to give up soon like.
Unlike most of the people I know who gave them up when they got sick of them and didn't really enjoy them anymore. I love tabs, I still love them, when I'm having a beer the smell of them just makes me want to take it back up straight away but honestly I've never felt healthier. I can run on the treadmill for 45 mins straight. There's just no way I was doing that when I smoked 10 a day. I put on about 3 stone on when I gave them up cos I was eating instead, but after 6 months i joined the gym and started eating not healthy but just proper food as opposed to snacks and I look healthy again there now. One thing I was genuinely shocked by though was when I'm sober and at work or something, if I brush by a smoker the smell is rank as fuck. I couldn't believe how bad it can be. Honestly mate, one of my better decisions was to give them up.

Stop smoking then you minger. Bet you f***ing honk.
spot the reformed smoker among us

Something to do with the fibres in your airway and lungs actually working for a change and doing what they are supposed to rather than being gummed up wi tar etc. Mines awful and feel like shit. Honestly feel like going back on them somedays rather than putting up wi this
How long have you been off them?

Last edited:

Unlike most of the people I know who gave them up when they got sick of them and didn't really enjoy them anymore. I love tabs, I still love them, when I'm having a beer the smell of them just makes me want to take it back up straight away but honestly I've never felt healthier. I can run on the treadmill for 45 mins straight. There's just no way I was doing that when I smoked 10 a day. I put on about 3 stone on when I gave them up cos I was eating instead, but after 6 months i joined the gym and started eating not healthy but just proper food as opposed to snacks and I look healthy again there now. One thing I was genuinely shocked by though was when I'm sober and at work or something, if I brush by a smoker the smell is rank as fuck. I couldn't believe how bad it can be. Honestly mate, one of my better decisions was to give them up.

How long have you been off them?
nt that long, back end of last year cut reet down then "off" completely as from jan this year

nt that long, back end of last year cut reet down then "off" completely as from jan this year
Well all I can say is stick at it mate, I failed numerous times but eventually I got a grip on it. You'll feel proper accomplished by the end of the year. Make sure you save the money you spend on fags, I put mine in a lockbox to visualise it but whatever works for you and get yourself summit nice or a holiday after a year.

It probably is a sign of something else. Most smokers do irreversible damage to their taste buds in paticular but other sensory mechanisms are affected too. It took me 2 years to give up smoking. It took me step dad about 8 years. Its difficult but i came up with simple tricks and things to get me off them. If your struggling I can give you some advice but I found what was best was to come up with my own solutions as I'd heard advice from everyone and it never worked. What i will say for definite is though you will feel shit for months and cough up all sorts of crap then all of a sudden you will feel healthier than you have done in ages. I didn't realise how ill I was because that feeling was normalised. Tabs are poison like.

Sound advice.

I stopped for 3 months and felt for the first time in 12 years that I could breathe properly.

Been back on them on and on for 6 weeks now and my god I can feel the difference, knocking them on the head again when I move home in the morning.

Sound advice.

I stopped for 3 months and felt for the first time in 12 years that I could breathe properly.

Been back on them on and on for 6 weeks now and my god I can feel the difference, knocking them on the head again when I move home in the morning.
Mate i started up nearly everytime I got mortal drunk on a night out for ages. Just gotta keep at it and eventually you'll get there. Amazing how much better you feel when your off them though isn't it? Oxygen's bloody lush

Haway man! If the lad wants to smoke, let him smoke.
I hate to see people killing themselves. Think about it, putting a smoking object into your mouth and unhaling all of those toxins into your body. Doesn’t seem right to me.

Sound advice.

You voted lesve as well, we’ll say no more.

Mate i started up nearly everytime I got mortal drunk on a night out for ages. Just gotta keep at it and eventually you'll get there. Amazing how much better you feel when your off them though isn't it? Oxygen's bloody lush

You're right there marra, same here with the drink like.

I hate to see people killing themselves. Think about it, putting a smoking object into your mouth and unhaling all of those toxins into your body. Doesn’t seem right to me.

You voted lesve as well, we’ll say no more.
Does everything.... everything.... have to be about brexit? :lol:

You're right there marra, same here with the drink like.
Stick at it though mate, one day it just happens. Its like everything in life. You never do it first time. you need to practice to get rid of the habit of a lifetime. The money thing really helped me though. I put all the cash I would spend on fags in a box so I can see it growing. Couldn't believe how much I was saving. That and an ipod. Everytime I really wanted a tab I'd just stick me headphones in and listen to music I could sing along in my head to, to take my mind off it.

Last edited:

Back