Flu and smoking has changed.

RedFlag1308

Winger
recently had a pretty bad flu, and since then cigarettes have tasted different, smelled different, and cigarette smoke has smelled completely different when I've walked past. Really weird and I'm a bit creeped out now my flu has started to clear up. Anybody ever had a similar thing happen to them ? The smell went from classic cigarette smoke to an off cheap chocolate pretendy tobacco smell. That's the best I can describe it but it's not accurate it's indescribable. Feel like I've either live a lie my entire life or my brain has fucked up and can't process things correctly :lol:

recently had a pretty bad flu, and since then cigarettes have tasted different, smelled different, and cigarette smoke has smelled completely different when I've walked past. Really weird and I'm a bit creeped out now my flu has started to clear up. Anybody ever had a similar thing happen to them ? The smell went from classic cigarette smoke to an off cheap chocolate pretendy tobacco smell. That's the best I can describe it but it's not accurate it's indescribable. Feel like I've either live a lie my entire life or my brain has fucked up and can't process things correctly :lol:
Give up smoking before it gets you. Not many worse habits you can get into and the cost is damnable.

Is it just tabs that smell different or are other things different too?

Is it just tabs that smell different or are other things different too?

Just tabs mate. I couldn't taste anything at all for about a week but that has slowly came back.

Fwiw I will be quitting like tried 2 or 3 times and failed. Was just worried that this may be a sign for something else.

Cheers mate.

It's the smell of death.

Just tabs mate. I couldn't taste anything at all for about a week but that has slowly came back.

Fwiw I will be quitting like tried 2 or 3 times and failed. Was just worried that this may be a sign for something else.

Cheers mate.
It probably is a sign of something else. Most smokers do irreversible damage to their taste buds in paticular but other sensory mechanisms are affected too. It took me 2 years to give up smoking. It took me step dad about 8 years. Its difficult but i came up with simple tricks and things to get me off them. If your struggling I can give you some advice but I found what was best was to come up with my own solutions as I'd heard advice from everyone and it never worked. What i will say for definite is though you will feel shit for months and cough up all sorts of crap then all of a sudden you will feel healthier than you have done in ages. I didn't realise how ill I was because that feeling was normalised. Tabs are poison like.

It probably is a sign of something else. Most smokers do irreversible damage to their taste buds in paticular but other sensory mechanisms are affected too. It took me 2 years to give up smoking. It took me step dad about 8 years. Its difficult but i came up with simple tricks and things to get me off them. If your struggling I can give you some advice but I found what was best was to come up with my own solutions as I'd heard advice from everyone and it never worked. What i will say for definite is though you will feel shit for months and cough up all sorts of crap then all of a sudden you will feel healthier than you have done in ages. I didn't realise how ill I was because that feeling was normalised. Tabs are poison like.

Months :eek:

Orh aye, I had a really bad cough for months after giving up and occasionally I would cough up proper dirty brownish phlegm. Me step dad had been smoking longer and the only difference I noticed with him was it took longer for it to kick in, but when it came he started proper coughing up awful stuff. It lasts a few months on and off. I think its just your lungs trying to get rid of the shit you've put in there.

Orh aye, I had a really bad cough for months after giving up and occasionally I would cough up proper dirty brownish phlegm. Me step dad had been smoking longer and the only difference I noticed with him was it took longer for it to kick in, but when it came he started proper coughing up awful stuff. It lasts a few months on and off. I think its just your lungs trying to get rid of the shit you've put in there.

Radge that, been on them for 10 years now.

Half tempted to give up soon like.

Stop smoking then you minger. Bet you f***ing honk.
spot the reformed smoker among us

Something to do with the fibres in your airway and lungs actually working for a change and doing what they are supposed to rather than being gummed up wi tar etc. Mines awful and feel like shit. Honestly feel like going back on them somedays rather than putting up wi this

Back