Floritas/The Diamond Strip.

Apartment is now a Miller and Carter.

There was one on that stretch called the living room, don't know what that is now.

It was never the apartment it was the lodge and Jonny ringos. Before the miller and carter. . Not sure it was ever the apartment. Is that not the other side of the road.

The living room is on the opposite corner and is currently getting done out after a spell as a Christmas themed bar and an Alice in wonderland one.

It was never the apartment it was the lodge and Jonny ringos. Before the miller and carter. . Not sure it was ever the apartment. Is that not the other side of the road.

The living room is on the opposite corner and is currently getting done out after a spell as a Christmas themed bar and an Alice in wonderland one.

Ah yes you're right, the lodge.
Apartment, living room, lodge.
Got them all mixed up at one point or another.
An absolutely horrible drinking area full of pricks pretending they're having a good time listening to crap R&B music and totally forgettable bars.

Absolutely hate the place. Sticky floors, sickly smell of sweet shite and aftershave/ perfume. Shite loud “music”.Add to that ugly slappers and the tanned and groomed lad brigade. I live in Newcastle and it has some good pubs. However I hate the bars and nightclubs of the city centre, overrated night out and glad I never bother with it anymore.

Absolutely hate the place. Sticky floors, sickly smell of sweet shite and aftershave/ perfume. Shite loud “music”.Add to that ugly slappers and the tanned and groomed lad brigade. I live in Newcastle and it has some good pubs. However I hate the bars and nightclubs of the city centre, overrated night out and glad I never bother with it anymore.

Newcastle is good for a mid-week afternoon session. Only venture in on a night if going for food, or concert.
Last afternoon visit me and the gaffer had i was amazed how busy the bars were. Older punters, good atmosphere, no bother getting served and no groups of 'edgy' morons..... Guess i am officially old.

Newcastle is good for a mid-week afternoon session. Only venture in on a night if going for food, or concert.
Last afternoon visit me and the gaffer had i was amazed how busy the bars were. Older punters, good atmosphere, no bother getting served and no groups of 'edgy' morons..... Guess i am officially old.

Got a taxi from Fatfield to Grey St. a few years ago , witty taxi driver said “you mean Jurassic Park ?” , haven’t got a clue what you’re on about I replied.

“It’s where all the dinosaurs go mate “

Guess that confirmed my age as well then.

Cost him his tip , cheeky bastard.

I’ve always hated places like that. Always did when I was younger. Used to hate Annabells and dark awful clubs. Always preferred pubs and gigs. Them bars along there are awful. Last night was me first and last time. The closest ilol go to that sort of thing is Tokyo which I think is a canny bar.

Aye Tokyo is a great little bar.

Sounds awful
I'm 56 biking old punk but still like a posh bar now and again .
See some lovely bars out gigging which still have a bit about them and a nice crowd getting in .Sunderland could do with a few more
See some rough ones as well mind

Sounds awful
I'm 56 biking old punk but still like a posh bar now and again .
See some lovely bars out gigging which still have a bit about them and a nice crowd getting in .Sunderland could do with a few more
See some rough ones as well mind
This isn’t a nice bar mate. It’s a crappy old bar which will have been done up 5 or so years ago that now looks shit and is staffed by people who think they are doing you a favour.
Got a taxi from Fatfield to Grey St. a few years ago , witty taxi driver said “you mean Jurassic Park ?” , haven’t got a clue what you’re on about I replied.

“It’s where all the dinosaurs go mate “

Guess that confirmed my age as well then.

Cost him his tip , cheeky bastard.
Well he’s wrong. Plenty good bars on grey st that are full of people of all ages. Dacantus and Barluga are good bars and have decent choice of food and booze. Barluga in the summer is like being on holiday.

Last edited:
This isn’t a nice bar mate. It’s a crappy old bar which will have been done up 5 or so years ago that now looks shit and is staffed by people who think they are doing you a favour.

Well he’s wrong. Plenty good bars on grey st that are full of people of all ages. Dacantus and Barluga are good bars and have decent choice of food and booze. Barluga in the summer is like being on holiday.
You must be canny old if you're knocking about Grey Street.

Back