Florida

The Fast Pass system worked well with the 3 passes on the App, especially if you knew how to use them well. We stayed at the Swan and Dolphin one year for a 2 or 3 nights purely to take advantage of the early entrance and the early access (60 days) for booking your fast pass rides. There was actually a point to staying on site with those perks but seems hardly worth it now.

The cost for "genie" is dreadful for families now.

We are thinking of going back in summer 2023 but the whole Genie thing puts me off going to Disney even though there will be a lot of new stuff that we've never experienced (Star Wars World, Tron, Epcot changes etc).

All that's going to happen is people will abuse DAS massively.

I had to google that - Disability Access Service?
Don't think I'll be able to abuse that. :lol:

You'll be amazed how many do. Their law means they're not allowed to ask for proof of disability. I have a disabled daughter, so I found it to be invaluable and if it's abused it'll mean it's of little use to those who need it.

That's a major issue for me now that I have to buy 5 sets.

And Genie is $15 per day each - so $75 per day to be able to do a few fast passes. Say we use that 7 times in a 2 week holiday, that's another £450 ish on top of that £2500 just for tickets. £3k gone!

On top of Genie+ don’t you also have lighting lane for the most popular ride in the park? Pretty sure it can be $15 pp as well

So say if there is four of you in Disney Studios; you decide to pay $15pp for Genie+ and then $15pp to ride Rise of the Resistance, you would have spent $120 for just fast passes in one day

On top of Genie+ don’t you also have lighting lane for the most popular ride in the park? Pretty sure it can be $15 pp as well

So say if there is four of you in Disney Studios; you decide to pay $15pp for Genie+ and then $15pp to ride Rise of the Resistance, you would have spent $120 for just fast passes in one day
I just flat out refuse to pay per ride when I've paid to get in.
Its a deal breaker for me, personally.

Anything like that I'll just ropedrop, although RotR I think is even immune from that. So it can fuck off I guess.

I just flat out refuse to pay per ride when I've paid to get in.
Its a deal breaker for me, personally.

Anything like that I'll just ropedrop, although RotR I think is even immune from that. So it can fuck off I guess.
I wouldn't pay to ride either.

You'll be amazed how many do. Their law means they're not allowed to ask for proof of disability. I have a disabled daughter, so I found it to be invaluable and if it's abused it'll mean it's of little use to those who need it.

Never thought of that angle (can't be challenged).

You can buy the individual lightning lanes without buying Genie+. So if you really want to get on RotR you can, then take your chances with everything else.

All that's going to happen is people will abuse DAS massively.
Thats changed now by all accounts and you can only book rides two days in advance if i remember right and have to arrange video calls with associated Disney departments too.
That's a major issue for me now that I have to buy 5 sets.

And Genie is $15 per day each - so $75 per day to be able to do a few fast passes. Say we use that 7 times in a 2 week holiday, that's another £450 ish on top of that £2500 just for tickets. £3k gone!

I did read if you're from the uk and buy genie + for the duration of the park tickets it comes down to $6 per day. Still a con mind

Last edited:
Damn.
The LVB Crossroads just outside Disney Springs has been closed, and will be demolished to allow for an I4 offramp to take traffic direct to Disney.
That place was ideal. 3-4 good places to eat right next to the places on Hotel Plaza Boulevard.

Still the Dennys and Millers within walking distance, but they're not *as* close. Big shame. Now with no fastpass advantage, no free magical express, the reasons to stay on that strip are much less than before. The shuttles are excellent still, but is it enough when the hotel charges $10/day to park and another $15/day for the resort fees (which includes the shuttles).

Need to find a villa with good places in walking distance, for next time. Not that I'm overly keen on travelling to the USA right now with the way they're going on.

All good points re Disney, we’ve decided to only do 2 days at Disney vs getting the 2 weeks tickets, going to try discovery cove etc this time. It’s always been expensive but everything recently has been to get every last penny out of you.

Universal/the 3 tampa ones worked out cheaper than 2 week tickets for Disney. Mental.

Over atm and having a chilled day after 2 full on days at the universal parks.
Night at hardrock was worth it but only for the 2 days fast passes...now back over at cabana bay....

Only disappointing thing was food at the hardrock cafe yesterday. I wasn't arsed but the kids wanted to go etc....waited an hour for food from ordering and then it came out cold. Sent the lot back and fucked off as wanted to get back in the parks tbf they didn't charge us for the food.
No Disney stuff for us.....Seaworld, Discovery Cove and Busch Gardens planned in...

Over atm and having a chilled day after 2 full on days at the universal parks.
Night at hardrock was worth it but only for the 2 days fast passes...now back over at cabana bay....

Only disappointing thing was food at the hardrock cafe yesterday. I wasn't arsed but the kids wanted to go etc....waited an hour for food from ordering and then it came out cold. Sent the lot back and fucked off as wanted to get back in the parks tbf they didn't charge us for the food.
No Disney stuff for us.....Seaworld, Discovery Cove and Busch Gardens planned in...

The Hard Rock Hotel is a very nice hotel mind but you're paying a price to get it. Mind I loved all of the memorabilia on show throughout it.

Need to start deciding what to do for next sure as we're most likely going to do Florida again. Enjoy staying at Universal for the fast passes and ease of using City Walk for a few nights.

Back