Florida

POR was the one I was planning last time out, seems to be the best of the value options. I noticed some amazing prices at AKL though.
I don't know anything about CB. Will have to check it out.

Hopefully I can fix my back problems, and get out there next year. Although I think it'll be insane once a vaccine kicks in and everyone forgets about covid.

Gotta get out before the sprogs hit 3 though, as they're free until then!
POR is moderate not value. You get free dining plan and moderate and above.

You can get rooms for 5 at both por and CBR.

POR is moderate not value. You get free dining plan and moderate and above.

You can get rooms for 5 at both por and CBR.
When I was looking, the prices of AoA and POR were overlapping (IIRC), AoA is about the best quality option in Value and POR is about the cheapest of the moderates

this is all from memory, about 3 years ago, so could be entirely wrong!

Absolutely love doing that. Especially when the Food&Wine festival is on.

But agree with SC. I don't go to Orlando to drink in pubs. Its completely the wrong type of holiday for that. I can do that round a pool somewhere in Spain for 25% of the cost.

For all I enjoy having a walk out on I-Drive, I tend to agree with that. I have a beer or two with my meal but I don’t get drunk or anything (aside from sitting having some watching the NFL in Sports Bars).

Cannot imagine a worse hangover than being in the Florida heat!

When I was looking, the prices of AoA and POR were overlapping (IIRC), AoA is about the best quality option in Value and POR is about the cheapest of the moderates

this is all from memory, about 3 years ago, so could be entirely wrong!
If you were looking at 5 people then AoA have suites, that's why it overlaps in price I think. That's what I found. AoA is pretty nice, it's on the Skyline too, but CBR is fantastic and was cheaper for a room.
For all I enjoy having a walk out on I-Drive, I tend to agree with that. I have a beer or two with my meal but I don’t get drunk or anything (aside from sitting having some watching the NFL in Sports Bars).

I stayed a couple of nights last time near I drive, two minute walk to Hooters and that upside down house. Nice hotel, but I don't think I would stay on idrive with kids.

Last edited:
If you were looking at 5 people then AoA have suites, that's why it overlaps in price I think. That's what I found. AoA is pretty nice, it's on the Skyline too, but CBR is fantastic and was cheaper for a room.

I stayed a couple of nights last time near I drive, two minute walk to Hooters and that upside down house. Nice hotel, but I don't think I would stay on idrive with kids.

No? It was ideal for us with the young ‘in, albeit he was fairly young at the time night be different when he’s a little older.

Doubt we’ll ever do a Villa as neither of us want to drive over there - not a booze thing, I’d just be nervous driving in American roads, I generally hate driving anyway. LBV might be a nice alternative.

Bars, I get that. The place I go doesn't have many, certainly not cheap ones. Except it does have a Millers Ale house
This seems to be the only advantage that I can see in iDrive, there must be more?

This was half of why I posted this. People seem to think there are only 2 options
1 - Villa
2 - I Drive
(and 3 - Stay onsite at Disney / Universal)

This isn't true. The Lake Buena Vista resorts (hotels) are great and reasonably priced
Sure, there's not as many places to eat and drink and shop, but there is a complex of eateries and other places nearby. There's even a Millers AH a 10 min walk away. PLUS, there's the entire Disney Springs area on the doorstep (literally within eyesight range) which is rammed full of places to eat and drink, albeit at inflated prices.

If your Orlando holiday is focussed around Walt Disney World, then it makes sense to stay on its doorstep, rather than a 30-45 min shuttle bus away.
If you're more interested in the universal stuff, then the opposite applies of course.

And if the only benefit of i Drive is shopping and bars, then for some people, that's a poor trade.

I’ve stayed at the Orange Lake Resort before at Lake BV and it was great. It was a short drive to Disney, but far enough away for a bit of a break. The facilities were also brilliant
No? It was ideal for us with the young ‘in, albeit he was fairly young at the time night be different when he’s a little older.

Doubt we’ll ever do a Villa as neither of us want to drive over there - not a booze thing, I’d just be nervous driving in American roads, I generally hate driving anyway. LBV might be a nice alternative.

Must admit, we can’t be arsed to drive the next time we go across. We will be doing shuttles etc for the parks and then booking a taxi service to get us across to Clearwater.

Last edited:

The roads are really easy to drive on. I drove over there just after passing my test and didn't find it hard.
LBV might be a nice alternative.

I would prefer to stay there for sure, if my primary focus was Disney.

Last edited:
Must admit, we can’t be arsed to drive the next time we go across. We will be doing shuttles etc for the parks and then booking a taxi service to get us across to Clearwater.

It's easier now that they've introduced the toll pass. No more rip off charges from the hire car company. You only pay for what you use.

Driving is easy it’s the parking charges that p me off.
If I didn't have 3 kids, I'd never dream of getting a car. But Ubers (etc) are out of the question when you need 3 car seats. Actually, I have no idea how I'm going to do it next time even with a hire car.

If I didn't have 3 kids, I'd never dream of getting a car. But Ubers (etc) are out of the question when you need 3 car seats. Actually, I have no idea how I'm going to do it next time even with a hire car.

Just get a mini van. Plenty of room.

We had loads of room for cases etc as it seats 7.

Last edited:

I’ve spewed in a few bins on I drive while hungover on a morning there. Always nice when the bus pulls up and families see you. 😞

Can't wait for that conversation:
"Aye pet, you just stop here with 3 kids while I pick up the car, and head to the nearest wallmart. Back in about 2hours"
:lol:

Tell her it'll cost $420 for three car seats for a fortnight and she'll be happy to wait for you at the hotel bar/room.

How do I get to the hotel though? I need the car seats to be able to leave the airport.
If you're at MCO and staying onsite there's a free and efficient bus to Disney.

If not, then you can get a company to pick you up at whichever airport the charters fly into these days and stop at Walmart on the way and you can run in and buy them for about £30 each.

If you're at MCO and staying onsite there's a free and efficient bus to Disney.

If not, then you can get a company to pick you up at whichever airport the charters fly into these days and stop at Walmart on the way and you can run in and buy them for about £30 each.
I was looking at the Magic Express or whatever its called. We did it once in Paris (although got a private transfer the next time, which was shit and gave me car sickness - literally had to get out before I threw up :lol:)

Back