Florida

Aye, my folks were there then. About 0C most days, but windy as fuck, which totally ripped the heat out of them. They were canny miserable tbh.
Then this year, Jan 2019 2 folks from work went, and were shorts and T shirts the whole time.

lol
I hope this January is more like 2019 then!
Off there for Halloween and into November.
Anyone have any idea of weather and how busy?👍
The one time I was there in November, the weather was amazing.
Exactly right. Anything from minus 5 2 years ago to plus 18 this year!

Early Jan can be mega busy I hear, but I'd love to go late Jan
I'm there for the whole of January so I'm guessing I'll see a bit of both weather wise.

Last edited:

I hope this January is more like 2019 then!

The one time I was there in November, the weather was amazing.

I'm there for the whole of January so I'm guessing I'll see a bit of both weather wise.
How busy was it?
I'm thinking Hollywood Studios will be chocka with Galaxies Edge opening.

Arrived here yesterday. Flew from manchester with Thomas cook and it was alright. Keeping as far away from all that Disney shite as possible
Aye I’ve said before - problies earlier on this very thread - I’ve lived ninety minutes from Disney for the last six years and don’t have the slightest inclination to go. Each to their own like but it holds no attraction for me. I’ve been to Busch Gardens a few times and I like that. The bairn is coming up four so it’s only a matter of time till she’s gonna be bugging us to take her.

As for the lad going at Halloween, last year I was trick or treating with the bairn in shorts and a t shirt. It may get a bit chilly some days and if you get in an unheated pool it will be a bit bracing, but not likely to be cold, more like a spring / summer day in England.

Aye I’ve said before - problies earlier on this very thread - I’ve lived ninety minutes from Disney for the last six years and don’t have the slightest inclination to go. Each to their own like but it holds no attraction for me. I’ve been to Busch Gardens a few times and I like that. The bairn is coming up four so it’s only a matter of time till she’s gonna be bugging us to take her.

As for the lad going at Halloween, last year I was trick or treating with the bairn in shorts and a t shirt. It may get a bit chilly some days and if you get in an unheated pool it will be a bit bracing, but not likely to be cold, more like a spring / summer day in England.

I'm up near Jacksonville with friends for the week. Disappointed in the weather like, not what I signed up for. Going to Orlando for the match on Tuesday. The flight was full families all dressed in Disney clothes and looking pretty fed up already. I cant imagine how much it must cost to take kids there. And it just looks absolutely rammed. My idea of hell that

I'm up near Jacksonville with friends for the week. Disappointed in the weather like, not what I signed up for. Going to Orlando for the match on Tuesday. The flight was full families all dressed in Disney clothes and looking pretty fed up already. I cant imagine how much it must cost to take kids there. And it just looks absolutely rammed. My idea of hell that

I’m in Orlando now, after a week and a half on the Gulf Coast (Anna Maria Island and Treasure Island). I’m going to the match on Tuesday, should be a canny game.
Weather is shite, so I’m gonna go and shoot some guns this afternoon

I’m in Orlando now, after a week and a half on the Gulf Coast (Anna Maria Island and Treasure Island). I’m going to the match on Tuesday, should be a canny game.

I'm going to a range tomorro or Monday. Hate guns but its morbid curiosity. I'm going to the Tailgate party of The Ruckus (Orlando's fans group) before the match and to follow the March upto the ground with them, just for the crack like. PM for the details if you fancy it
Edit- they reckon it's the biggest game in thier history

I'll keep you a place at the Disney table mate.
It costs a canny bit, they love it though.

Last edited:
Disappointed in the weather? That’s main reason I live here I love it. What were you expecting? Cos from May till late October it’s reliably high eighties or higher every day, very humid, with a fair likelihood of a brief but heavy shower late afternoon. The weathermen might as well piss off for six months.
I’ve been to both those beaches - really nice down there, I’m about an hour north. Did you not go to Clearwater? I love it there me. We were there last week for our anniversary.

Last edited:
Just agreed with the mrs(no) that we can go back in 2021. Last time we booked a package deal but doing it all ourselves this time. Looks like I've got 41pages of reading to catch up on.

Has anyone stayed in a villa at champions gate, got recommendations and links?

Arrived here yesterday. Flew from manchester with Thomas cook and it was alright. Keeping as far away from all that Disney shite as possible

TC ok? We’re with them in 3 weeks. I hear you have to buy drinks and pay extra to upgrade TV?
Just agreed with the mrs(no) that we can go back in 2021. Last time we booked a package deal but doing it all ourselves this time. Looks like I've got 41pages of reading to catch up on.

Has anyone stayed in a villa at champions gate, got recommendations and links?

We’ve stayed and are going again in 3 weeks in a villa near Champions Gate ( so I’m told) highlands reserve on a golf course.
About 30 mins drive to the parks but closer to the decent restaurants on the freeway thing.
Finally able to book middle son and girlfriends flights due to exam resists, got direct flights for £260 which I though was excellent

Last edited:
I'm going to a range tomorro or Monday. Hate guns but its morbid curiosity. I'm going to the Tailgate party of The Ruckus (Orlando's fans group) before the match and to follow the March upto the ground with them, just for the crack like. PM for the details if you fancy it
Edit- they reckon it's the biggest game in thier history

Going with my son and father in law, but thanks for the invite.
I’ve been to both those beaches - really nice down there, I’m about an hour north. Did you not go to Clearwater? I love it there me. We were there last week for our anniversary.

Not this time, been to Clearwater before, probably the best sand I’ve ever walked on....

Last edited:
Disappointed in the weather? That’s main reason I live here I love it. What were you expecting? Cos from May till late October it’s reliably high eighties or higher every day, very humid, with a fair likelihood of a brief but heavy shower late afternoon. The weathermen might as well piss off for six months.

to be honest, i never even looked into it. just assumed it would be blue skies and hot as f*ck all the way. still got sunburned yesterday like. its alright actually, after 2 days i like it. it was a monsoon when we landed.
TC ok? We’re with them in 3 weeks. I hear you have to buy drinks and pay extra to upgrade TV?

aye fine. its certainly not british airways standard but it does a job. there was 5 or 6 movies on the free package, then £6 to open up the full thing, which we paid for, and theres about 100 movies and tV shows on there. probably worth it if you dont have anything else to keep you entertained. the free food was ok, a meal and drink haf way through and a sarnie and cuppa near the end, then a couple of rounds of the trolly you have to pay for. we got 2 little bottles of champers for £12 which wasn't too much of a rip off. i was more worried about the scores of kids and adults with disney clothes and mickey mouse ears on gannin on like morons but it didn't end up bothering me.

Last edited:
to be honest, i never even looked into it. just assumed it would be blue skies and hot as f*ck all the way. still got sunburned yesterday like. its alright actually, after 2 days i like it. it was a monsoon when we landed.

aye fine. its certainly not british airways standard but it does a job. there was 5 or 6 movies on the free package, then £6 to open up the full thing, which we paid for, and theres about 100 movies and tV shows on there. probably worth it if you dont have anything else to keep you entertained. the free food was ok, a meal and drink haf way through and a sarnie and cuppa near the end, then a couple of rounds of the trolly you have to pay for. we got 2 little bottles of champers for £12 which wasn't too much of a rip off. i was more worried about the scores of kids and adults with disney clothes and mickey mouse ears on gannin on like morons but it didn't end up bothering me.

That’s my concern about flying direct.
I’ve bought my mag father in law a ‘I’m going to see Mickey Mouse’ t-shirt and told him we’re all wearing them so hopefully he will wear it and look like a twat

That’s my concern about flying direct.
I’ve bought my mag father in law a ‘I’m going to see Mickey Mouse’ t-shirt and told him we’re all wearing them so hopefully he will wear it and look like a twat
Tui were great last year. I would have flown them again if they flew in the winter.

Tui were great last year. I would have flown them again if they flew in the winter.
Tui are great, especially the dreamliners.

Not a fan of TC though. Had a couple of stinkers with them on older Boeings, but their Airbus fleet seems to be a bit better.

Back