Florida

Bit of a random time that one mind. This is the key though. Get FPs booked as soon as you can do so online and make sure you have them planned to fit a route. Then just be sensible and be at the park for rope drop and head straight to rides that you don't have FP for.

We went last yr when Seven Dwarves ride hadn't long opened. Couldn't get FP so just headed straight there at open and pretty much walked on it. Same in Epcot as well just FP soaring and head taraight to the car ride on opening

Random but true. There are loads of little tips and tricks that people miss. It's not really like any other holiday in that respect.

Random but true. There are loads of little tips and tricks that people miss. It's not really like any other holiday in that respect.

I have made a mental note of the 10.37 thing for next summer. Usually try to get FPs booked for the morning with intention of then using app to book another as soon as I can.

I’ve had some great stays on idrive. Once stopped for a week at the Peabody, best hotel I’ve ever been to and Ive done a few in Florida. Loads of brilliant restaurants and the crazy golf is excellent. Each to there own I guess.

Exactly, top end is a bit tatty but the bottom end has some great hotels and restaurants.

Loved the water parks in Disney and would've loved volcano bay but their tapu tapu system is a complete joke, I was there two weeks ago for about four hours and only managed to get on two things. The system is just stupid, you get a time to join the queue instead of being able to just queue. I was sitting outside the main slide for about 10 minutes before I was allowed to then go join the queue and wait for a further 45 minutes. This was all in the off season too.

That said the slides are class, scary as fuck waiting for that trap door to open!

Soarin was class, hadnt done that before, actually thought it was better than avatar.

Had two really nice days in epcot doing the food and wine expo, really nice just eating and drinking your way around the park
Epcot is class imo. Off there tomorrow.A couple without kids could easily have a great week on the drink in epcot.food and wine festival is great.
Just had a great day in Hollywood studios.had the bairn on the tower of terror.she nearly shit herself.:)

45 mins in a queue, the kids would not stand for that one like. :lol:

How long are the queues on a fast pass these days in Florida?
Been here 3 days and never waited over 20_25 minutes.mind, the missus plans it very well.fast passes are great.wouldn't get me there in the six weeks hols mind.

Last edited:
Epcot is class imo. Off there tomorrow.A couple without kids could easily have a great week on the drink in epcot.food and wine festival is great.
Just had a great day in Hollywood studios.had the bairn on the tower of terror.she nearly shit herself.:)

Been here 3 days and never waited over 20_25 minutes.mind, the missus plans it very well.fast passes are great.wouldn't get me there in the six weeks hols mind.

:lol: A week? Like shite. Have you seen the prices? Me and the Mrs blew over $300 in one night 7 years ago. It is class though.

:lol: A week? Like shite. Have you seen the prices? Me and the Mrs blew over $300 in one night 7 years ago. It is class though.
I spent a frightening amount in there in September. Everything is about $8 a drink. 3 mini "taster" wines was $9. Literally $3 a gulp.

I'm here now mate,did epcot yesterday.had a beer in nearly every country I reckon.the Mrs on prosecco and fizz.mind that soarin ride is class mind.never bothered with it before, missed out.

I'm here now mate,did epcot yesterday.had a beer in nearly every country I reckon.the Mrs on prosecco and fizz.mind that soarin ride is class mind.never bothered with it before, missed out.

Open wallet surgery. Did you get one of those passport things? I can't remember owa much past China usually.

Tempted for next year.....2.5k for a family of 4 staying Rosen Inn on International drive flying 21st May.....flights from Newcastle anarl with TUI. Still looking at another 4/5k with park tickets and spending coin mind....

Looks a decent deal to me.......

They've really improved it since the original iteration.
Have you been on Rite of Passage yet? Its basically the same ride, on steroids, in 3D, and on a flying motorbike.

Tempted for next year.....2.5k for a family of 4 staying Rosen Inn on International drive flying 21st May.....flights from Newcastle anarl with TUI. Still looking at another 4/5k with park tickets and spending coin mind....

Looks a decent deal to me.......

Good deal that. Just checked and I can get 5 flights for £2100 on those dates from Newcastle.

Last edited:
I spent a frightening amount in there in September. Everything is about $8 a drink. 3 mini "taster" wines was $9. Literally $3 a gulp.
staying in the disney resort we had the mickey wrist bands so you're just tapping it everytime you buy something, doesnt feel like you're spending anything, that is until the bill hits the credit card!! :cry:

£7k for 5 people in June next year for two weeks including Disney Table Service Dining and flights from Newcastle and park tickets. Tempting haha.
Enjoy eating with all the fatties!! :lol:

Was over there a few weeks back, having some nice fruit and yoghurt for breakfast. The american family sitting beside us were having pizza, chicken nuggets, macaroni and cheese with cokes for breakfast, nearly got sick watching them

The different shapes and sizes of the fatties over there really is a sight to behold.

Enjoy eating with all the fatties!! :lol:

Was over there a few weeks back, having some nice fruit and yoghurt for breakfast. The american family sitting beside us were having pizza, chicken nuggets, macaroni and cheese with cokes for breakfast, nearly got sick watching them

The different shapes and sizes of the fatties over there really is a sight to behold.

Aye, the meal plan sounds a bit much like, especially with a 3/4/5 year old, they'll be able to split meals no bother, still, plenty of spare credits to buy shit they'll otherwise cry for such as Ice Cream etc.

One QS meal is three Ice Creams Sundaes etc.

Aye, the meal plan sounds a bit much like, especially with a 3/4/5 year old, they'll be able to split meals no bother, still, plenty of spare credits to buy shit they'll otherwise cry for such as Ice Cream etc.

One QS meal is three Ice Creams Sundaes etc.
Shame you couldn't palm them off one night and have a 2-credit post meal on your own one night - do they do a sitting service?

Back