Florida

looking to go to Florida next year, bout September. Didn’t realise how expensive it is to get there. Do people just use virgin or Thomson or is there other options, cheaper preferably.

Was hoping to pay no more that £1500 for the hotels and flights.

Is international drive still the place to stay or is Disney/universal a better option? Been 20yr since I was there.

looking to go to Florida next year, bout September. Didn’t realise how expensive it is to get there. Do people just use virgin or Thomson or is there other options, cheaper preferably.

Is international drive still the place to stay or is Disney/universal a better option? Been 20yr since I was there.
You've got the right username for that time of year.

You can get cheaper flights if you change en route or are prepared to wait it out to book. Direct flights from Newcastle will drop to £300 close to departure.

I:drive is handy for universal and often hotels there can be cheaper. If you're doing mainly Disney and don't want to drive much stay in Kissimmee.

With park ticket prices there isn't really a cheap way of doing Orlando. Well worth the money though

September is a nice time to go though, will be a little quieter

Last edited:
Dad is looking to book for 10 adults and 3 kids for 2019 so is busy planning atm, he is doing it all himself, flights, villa, cars, tickets etc so should keep cost down.

Check airbnb for villa's, or other websites such as homeaway

You've got the right username for that time of year.
That is a very good point, is it still hot in October?

You can get cheaper flights if you change en route or are prepared to wait it out to book. Direct flights from Newcastle will drop to £300 close to departure.

I:drive is handy for universal and often hotels there can be cheaper. If you're doing mainly Disney and don't want to drive much stay in Kissimmee.

With park ticket prices there isn't really a cheap way of doing Orlando. Well worth the money though

September is a nice time to go though, will be a little quieter
Cheers for this. I wouldn’t mind going from London or waiting til late to book flights from Newcastle. I’d like to stay in Disney but it’s not a necessity. No kids or owt just the two of us.

Last edited:

Cheers for this. I wouldn’t mind going from London or waiting til late to book flights from Newcastle. I’d like to stay in Disney but it’s not a necessity. No kids or owt just the two of us.
Yep, still hot in October

We're looking to book flights for next September/October too. Mate of mine did it this year and get £300 pp return. Booked in late May for September 20th. you've just got to keep checking. That was with Thomsons.

This place is good for villas, not far from Disney too.

https://windsorhillsofficialrentals.com

Wouldn't worry about hurricanes either, it's been a very active season this year but they can hit anytime from June to November

Good somewhere else until you have kids. Imho.

I don’t want kids, I’m a big kid myself. I’ve done a lot of places so was looking at somewhere a bit different in regards to what we do there. So the parks and that was different to lying on a beach.

I’m also looking at prices for Australia, Bali and Vegas.

Id tend to agree, the actual Disney parks have only 2 or 3 big rides and lots of stuff for younger kids. My 2 lads grew out of the Disney ones at about 10

If you like the thought of parks, then Busch Gardens or six flags (not in Florida though) are better and maybe Universal in Orlando

If its just 2 of you Id do a road trip looping round Florida (or somewhere else in US) and arrange a few things to do along the way

We've just come back a couple of weeks ago, flew with Virgin, cost is 320 each for the flights, 14 nights at cabana bay was just over 1k for the 4 of us. Plus you got in the parks an hour early and it's just off International drive.

Id tend to agree, the actual Disney parks have only 2 or 3 big rides and lots of stuff for younger kids. My 2 lads grew out of the Disney ones at about 10

If you like the thought of parks, then Busch Gardens or six flags (not in Florida though) are better and maybe Universal in Orlando

If its just 2 of you Id do a road trip looping round Florida (or somewhere else in US) and arrange a few things to do along the way
California is much more interesting and you can do a park if you must. Six flags and knotty berry were both class. I was with my daughter mind.

Back