Florida

bennett83

Striker
Villa about £1000-£1500
Flights about £2000
Tickets maybe £3k
Car hire about £500

I haven't checked tickets so that's a tough guess.

Will the agent give you a choice over villa etc?

I think I'll do week at CBR and then week or two in villa next time.
Yes he read out a few options and I picked one, one of the options was a random villa

AndrewP

Striker
Yes he read out a few options and I picked one, one of the options was a random villa
I know exactly where that villa site is. Decent location, but I paid about £1k a fortnight for three bed last year right next to it. There are lots of villas nearby.

I reckon you'll save a canny bit if you didn't book as a package.

Last edited:

bennett83

Striker
I know exactly where that villa site is. Decent location, but I paid about £1k a fortnight for three bed last year right next to it. There are lots of villas nearby.
do you know what site you used for villa? Potentially we might need a bigger villa as more might add on.

AndrewP

Striker
Thanks. There's a few at work who has done it this way
I guess with Covid and stuff then it'll be more risky. You could lose out on tickets and villa if flights are stopped.

I sometimes wish I just got stuck there last year. Would have been a much better year. 😆😆😆

Reactions: PTR

sexymuffin

Winger
I’ve been quite a few times over the last 3 years we have a place out there and the one thing I’d really recommend is hiring a boat to watch the fireworks it’s about £300 for a private boat which isn’t bad if there’s a few of you. There was about 8 of us last time. It’s a fantastic way to end the holiday on the last night. They ride sets off from the jetty at the grand Floridian and take you on a tour before they start. The bloke in charge of our boat said his is the best and most sought after job in all the parks. The Grand Floridian dock is also a great place to watch them from if you don’t fancy a boat ride. They even have the music etc pumped in through speakers for people watching.

Last edited:

AndrewP

Striker
Stayed in Highlands Reserve before, ideal location, about 30 minutes to the parks, closer to Disney parks
Aye. Just down the road from a big Walmart too.
I’ve been quite a few times over the last 3 years we have a place out there and the one thing I’d really recommend is hiring a boat to watch the fireworks it’s about £300 for a private boat which isn’t bad if there’s a few of you. There was about 8 of us last time. It’s a fantastic way to end the holiday on the last night. They ride sets off from the jetty at the grand Floridian and take you on a tour before they start. The bloke in charge of our boat said his is the best and most sought after job in all the parks. The Grand Floridian dock is also a great place to watch them from if you don’t fancy a boat ride. They even have the music etc pumped in through speakers for people watching.
The terrace in their restaurant is a great spot too. If you eat the they'll give you a ticket.

Last edited:

pierrot

Striker
aye , buy off some teletext page without the benefit of trip advisor, what could ever go wrong ...
Well the agent we’re liberty world travel and there office was just half a mile away from where I’m sitting now, and I also new someone who worked there although that didn’t affect the price.