Florabella filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to replicate some of the filters this lady does in LR4 and I've failed.

Facebook

Her official website

Apart from the fact that she uses texture overlays, she does certain things with the colors that are not possible with LR4

What is amazing is how she can sell tiny little presets for £129!!

But the filters are nice though

Well I managed to acquire some of the Photoshop filters she uses, but had to use my own texture.

Here's my first shot..

Logon or register to see this image

Which particular effect do you like?

Just an observation aswell, all her samples are shot high key - you're not going to be able to make a good exposure work very well. Especially not with pastels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which particular effect do you like?

Just an observation aswell, all her samples are shot high key - you're not going to be able to make a good exposure work very well. Especially not with pastels.

Yeah I figured that when I was playing around. I'm guessing you have to shoot them slightly overexposed, even in RAW? Then apply the filters?

Yeah I figured that when I was playing around. I'm guessing you have to shoot them slightly overexposed, even in RAW? Then apply the filters?

Had a piss about in PS with a picture of some flowers i bought the missus when I was on the suck up.

Unmodified original.. ok exposure.

Pastels, although LR has over sharpened the texture on export..

Pastels, kinda vintage.. again the texture has been export sharpened a little much... (might actually be set up for glossy print on the catalogue I had these in)

i'll get some pictures of the bairn later with these effects in mind.. will post them up.

They still seem to have a LOT more contrast and clarity than her pictures.. even disregarding the texture you applied.

It will be interesting to see what you come up with.

As a side note, I know Lightroom is not really an image editor, but I'm surprised it does not allow you to apply textures, considering you can add noise.

well I fucked that up.. I'm using Google Drive to host the images and I just re-published with reduced saturation and other tweaks.

Original:

Revised Pastels:

Vintage:

Here's another one with a better texture.

Edit 2 and Edit 2-2 are spot on.

Apart from the texture, what did you do?

the Pastels one is a combination of layers, a blur trick for reduced clarity, use of the exposure 'offset', some saturation reduction and finally the texture as a soft light.

the vintage one is just curves, selective colour and saturation reduction.

if I'm honest I don't like them, the original is better.

I do like the black and white stuff mind. Been playing for a couple hours and result IMO:

Original:

High Key B+W:

High Key Champaign:

Our lass loves them. It's (as you can see) a simple snapshot image which is slightly over exposed and she wants a canvas doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back