Flintoff

Extensive facial injuries looking at this, seems like he’s still undergoing reconstructive work
9 months on and still got visible work/reconstruction being done, plus obvious scarring.
Looks like his nose and jaw got absolutely smashed.
Glad he looks like he's coming round.

Brilliant to see him back, Bumble and a few journos ITK reckon he has no plans to return to TV and is looking to stay involved in cricket

I guess an experience like that brings you back to what you matters.

I think its a really nice thing to do by Rob Key, an unpaid role, he has had him involved with England under 19s. and he was at the ashes with Key, but under disguise so nobody knew he was there

little involvement in cricket since he quit, bar that 1 comeback, but I reckon he'd be a class person to get involved, as he knows the ups and downs, and has matured well.

that accident was 9 months ago, I had not realised it was that serious like, which it obviously was

The accident must of taken a fair bit of his face off, never knew it was that serious

must be very tough mentally to come back from that also

good to see him about again

Brilliant to see him back, Bumble and a few journos ITK reckon he has no plans to return to TV and is looking to stay involved in cricket

I guess an experience like that brings you back to what you matters.

I think its a really nice thing to do by Rob Key, an unpaid role, he has had him involved with England under 19s. and he was at the ashes with Key, but under disguise so nobody knew he was there

little involvement in cricket since he quit, bar that 1 comeback, but I reckon he'd be a class person to get involved, as he knows the ups and downs, and has matured well.

that accident was 9 months ago, I had not realised it was that serious like, which it obviously was
Nice article @Oli Wagkz has linked about it, big thing for me is how sound Rob Key has been though I get they're best mates. Not done much wrong since he took the job and I think he comes across as a really nice guy but also knows exactly what and how he wants England to do.

I'd heard about the injuries but not how badly his face was damaged. It scares me just imagining the way that happened.

I used to watch him on A League of Their Own and it was scary the way he did some of the things you wouldn't expect many people to do.

Good to see him back though. One of England's great cricketers.

The article mentioned Bumble saying how Fred visited a mutual friend who hadn't been well but wouldn't say who it is. My first thought was that it might have been Graham Thorpe.

just brilliant to see him on the mend, as someone posted above it was all starting to get a bit Schumacher the less we heard, seems like he needs cricket at the moment and cricket probably needs him in some way, couldnt care less if Rob Key was paying him either, hes an england legend.

BBC paying him 9 million quid compo for loss of earnings and life altering injuries. Stupid twats should have axed the show after Hammond's crash.

Back