Flight Radar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tracked my daughter and family to Hurghada yesterday, Egypt...what's all that about. Where to next year, North Korea?:rolleyes:

Not many . I went thru last year and its basically 3 or 4 KLM flights to AMS and then this turbo prop to Aberdeen . No landside services at all now , still charging £6 to go thru security and bugger all in terms of service air-side . IIRC it was a coffee vending machine . I did hear from a mate in DArlo that there is some outline planning to build a new village on the site but could be just rumour . Either way I have no idea how it continues to survive and thats a shame as I can be home in 25 minutes from there

There's a charge to go through security?!

Was a cracking little airport in the 1970's and 80's. Lost out to Ponteland when the decision was made to expand there by HM Government, rather than Teeside.
Blame the visit of Jimmy Carter.

Middleton-St. George could already handle Air Force One but - no - some silly ass insisted that they had to upgrade Woolsie so that the peanut baptist could land there instead.

anyone with FR check out T3580. It's an EA flight from Teeside to Aberdeen but it looks like it changed course to land at Newcastle. It's now frozen at 1,500 feet north of the airport on an odd approach.
I saw an aeroplane acting suspiciously around 11:50am this morning, it seemed to be almost hovering around Ponteland airport.

There's a charge to go through security?!
Airlines refuse to pay landing fees that are high enough to cover the running costs, so they have to ask for it from the passengers directly.

As a plus point: prior to them introducing this fee it was always more expensive to fly to Teesside than to Tyneside no matter how far in advance I looked to book. However, since they introduced the fee, it has almost always turned out to be cheaper - and that's without including the extra cost of getting back down to Stockton from that county on the Scottish border.

I have it set up to give an alert when it sqwarks 7700

Airlines refuse to pay landing fees that are high enough to cover the running costs, so they have to ask for it from the passengers directly.

As a plus point: prior to them introducing this fee it was always more expensive to fly to Teesside than to Tyneside no matter how far in advance I looked to book. However, since they introduced the fee, it has almost always turned out to be cheaper - and that's without including the extra cost of getting back down to Stockton from that county on the Scottish border.

Have seen me on more than occasion alight from the plane . short queue for passport control then wals to the carousel where bags were already on . pick mine up without breaking stride and be in Seaton Carew 25 minutes later

Have seen me on more than occasion alight from the plane . short queue for passport control then wals to the carousel where bags were already on . pick mine up without breaking stride and be in Seaton Carew 25 minutes later
And if you're not getting a direct flight to your destination then Amsterdam is as good an airport as anywhere to get your connecting flight from.

Was a cracking little airport in the 1970's and 80's. Lost out to Ponteland when the decision was made to expand there by HM Government, rather than Teeside.

Handy little diversion from LBA and NCL and even MAN when things got a little soupy Hiller??

Saw an Omni 10 hacking in there last I visited there.

Lot of khaki...uuuhm

Even more than SNN :confused:

Dropping them off perhaps?

It's chaos at Amsterdam airport this morning because of thick fog.

The bairn left Stavanger early this morning and arrived into Amsterdam to find out that his flight and the next Newcastle flight were both cancelled. After standing in a queue for 90 minutes, he found out all the other KLM flights to Newcastle or Durham Tees Valley were full, so they've put him on an Aer Lingus flight to Dublin this afternoon and a flight from there to Newcastle tonight. Nightmare!

What!!

Any problems contact Pat and I will look after him.

No problems

Last edited:
It's chaos at Amsterdam airport this morning because of thick fog.

The bairn left Stavanger early this morning and arrived into Amsterdam to find out that his flight and the next Newcastle flight were both cancelled. After standing in a queue for 90 minutes, he found out all the other KLM flights to Newcastle or Durham Tees Valley were full, so they've put him on an Aer Lingus flight to Dublin this afternoon and a flight from there to Newcastle tonight. Nightmare!

Its that kind of faff that makes hate flying now.

I used to look forward to it anaaarl

Thread related but Flight Radar have started charging for some of their features. Like the aircraft age which I liked as Jet2 are ancient.

Thread related but Flight Radar have started charging for some of their features. Like the aircraft age which I liked as Jet2 are ancient.
Just google the registration, amazing what you can find out about an aircraft.

Its that kind of faff that makes hate flying now.

I used to look forward to it anaaarl

He hates it now! He's home but his suitcase isn't :(

There was nobody at baggage reclaim and nobody at the Swissport desk on landside. An Easyjet lady filled in some paperwork and said leave it with her and she'll pass it on to Swissport and Aer Lingus. Have to ring back either after 10pm tonight or in the morning to see if they have managed to trace it. He's gutted as he's bought loads of stuff for his sister and it's all in the case.

"TWA 2341, for noise abatement turn right 45 Degrees."
"Centre, we are at 35,000 feet. How much noise can we make up here?"
"Sir, have you ever heard the noise a 747 makes when it hits a 727?"

He hates it now! He's home but his suitcase isn't :(

There was nobody at baggage reclaim and nobody at the Swissport desk on landside. An Easyjet lady filled in some paperwork and said leave it with her and she'll pass it on to Swissport and Aer Lingus. Have to ring back either after 10pm tonight or in the morning to see if they have managed to trace it. He's gutted as he's bought loads of stuff for his sister and it's all in the case.
If he was on a through flt to Ponte you can bet the bag is still in SPL, no one changed it to his new routing.
He will get it tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back