Flight Radar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper

Striker
anyone with FR check out T3580. It's an EA flight from Teeside to Aberdeen but it looks like it changed course to land at Newcastle. It's now frozen at 1,500 feet north of the airport on an odd approach.

anyone with FR check out T3580. It's an EA flight from Teeside to Aberdeen but it looks like it changed course to land at Newcastle. It's now frozen at 1,500 feet north of the airport on an odd approach.
You've got too much time on you hands!

People actually use Teeside Airport? :eek:

Not many . I went thru last year and its basically 3 or 4 KLM flights to AMS and then this turbo prop to Aberdeen . No landside services at all now , still charging £6 to go thru security and bugger all in terms of service air-side . IIRC it was a coffee vending machine . I did hear from a mate in DArlo that there is some outline planning to build a new village on the site but could be just rumour . Either way I have no idea how it continues to survive and thats a shame as I can be home in 25 minutes from there

People actually use Teeside Airport? :eek:
I thought I did a few years ago. Got to airport with time to spare for check-in as my mate was dropping me off in my car and having it while I was away. He said he'd hang about while I checked in but I told him to go but he insisted on staying for some reason. A few minutes later I was running back to him and jumping in the driving seat as I was flying from Newcastle! :lol:

It's because I'd flown from there a few months prior to somewhere else so somehow had a brain fart and decided I'd go again to Teeside even though I'd booked to fly from Newcastle. Flew up the A19 while my mate called the airport to advise the check in desk I may be late. I was late for check in by about 10 mins but as they knew I was coming they let me check in :)

Not many . I went thru last year and its basically 3 or 4 KLM flights to AMS and then this turbo prop to Aberdeen . No landside services at all now , still charging £6 to go thru security and bugger all in terms of service air-side . IIRC it was a coffee vending machine . I did hear from a mate in DArlo that there is some outline planning to build a new village on the site but could be just rumour . Either way I have no idea how it continues to survive and thats a shame as I can be home in 25 minutes from there

I think they make more from caravan storage now.

I think they make more from caravan storage now.

lol Yeah I spotted half the car park was caravan storage space . It started going pear shaped when they lost BMI LHR flights ... and no holiday firms use them as I hear the landing costs etc are extortionate

Last time I used Teesside Airport was to fly to Paris but that was years ago. It's a shame that Teesside Airport isn't any competition for Woolsington as Newcastle's flight prices are often high compared to many other airports in the UK.

Last time I used Teesside Airport was to fly to Paris but that was years ago. It's a shame that Teesside Airport isn't any competition for Woolsington as Newcastle's flight prices are often high compared to many other airports in the UK.

Being in Hartlepool I have for the last 3 years or so used Leeds/Bradford and even Doncaster - bot not much different in time to get there and significant savings tobe had on holiday prices . Last years holiday to Majorca was more than £600 quid cheaper than Newcastle - ok the flights were lousy , arriving back at 01.30 but I booked the local holiday in on my frequesnt sleeper points and they looked after my car for the 2 weeks for nowt :) 1 hour 20 drive home the next day

Was a cracking little airport in the 1970's and 80's. Lost out to Ponteland when the decision was made to expand there by HM Government, rather than Teeside.

It's chaos at Amsterdam airport this morning because of thick fog.

The bairn left Stavanger early this morning and arrived into Amsterdam to find out that his flight and the next Newcastle flight were both cancelled. After standing in a queue for 90 minutes, he found out all the other KLM flights to Newcastle or Durham Tees Valley were full, so they've put him on an Aer Lingus flight to Dublin this afternoon and a flight from there to Newcastle tonight. Nightmare!

It's chaos at Amsterdam airport this morning because of thick fog.

The bairn left Stavanger early this morning and arrived into Amsterdam to find out that his flight and the next Newcastle flight were both cancelled. After standing in a queue for 90 minutes, he found out all the other KLM flights to Newcastle or Durham Tees Valley were full, so they've put him on an Aer Lingus flight to Dublin this afternoon and a flight from there to Newcastle tonight. Nightmare!

££££££ compensation!

££££££ compensation!

Is he entitled because of fog? He should have landed in Newcastle at 8.45am this morning, but it'll be 7pm when he lands now.

They said he wasn't entitled to anything for food and drink in the airport. They were handing out bottles of water to the queue he was in but they ran out before they got to him and never came back. He's still in Amsterdam with no euros and two packets of crisps! He's got his debit card if he gets desperate but he doesn't want to use it because of the fees.

Is he entitled because of fog? He should have landed in Newcastle at 8.45am this morning, but it'll be 7pm when he lands now.

They said he wasn't entitled to anything for food and drink in the airport. They were handing out bottles of water to the queue he was in but they ran out before they got to him and never came back. He's still in Amsterdam with no euros and two packets of crisps! He's got his debit card if he gets desperate but he doesn't want to use it because of the fees.
He is going to be mighty thirsty then !! Why doesn't he change a small amount of cash to Euros?

He is going to be mighty thirsty then !! Why doesn't he change a small amount of cash to Euros?

I don't know, he was just twisting about card fees! The annoying thing is that I've got about 40 euros in my desk drawer but I forgot to give them to him just in case :oops:

He's boarded the Dublin flight now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back