Flight delay compo

I can look into this myself & I reckon it’s a no go but...

Booked for this summer, got what I considered to be good flights. 6:30am going, 1pm coming back. Booked, about a month later got an email saying my flight was delayed from 1pm about 12 hours to 1am the following day. This is about 9 months in advance of the trip. Wasn’t ideal as we were travelling with a 2yr old.

I’m assuming this doesn’t count as it’s so far in advance & I’m not sitting in the airport?

couldnt be arsed with going home then finding own way to leeds later in the day for £250, however, bet lots of peoole would.

OK, thought they would be offering the transfer to leeds also

My mate was offered £50 and a Taxi from Aberdeen to his house in Washington, when a flight was overbooked from Bristol to Newcastle. He also had access to a fridge full of Stella, he accepted, but then they found him a seat, he was devastated :)

been on a flight which was 3.5 hours delayed, any tips on getting some compo out of the airline ? Think a flight has to be atleast 3 hours before a claim I’d viable

I got 250 Euro of Vueling for a 3.05 delay.

Went through the airline.

Has to be the airlines fault for the delay (not weather etc)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, thought they would be offering the transfer to leeds also

My mate was offered £50 and a Taxi from Aberdeen to his house in Washington, when a flight was overbooked from Bristol to Newcastle. He also had access to a fridge full of Stella, he accepted, but then they found him a seat, he was devastated :)
ah blimey, thats a bummer on a good deal.
No, we were flying from Newcastle around 6.30 a.m and the flight from Leeds was around 3pm same day, but no xfers included, had to make own way to Leeds.Was 3 of us mind so could have bagged £750..half the cost of the holiday.

That makes sense.

Coming back from America we had to take a different flight due to storms, ended up in Amsterdam airport, I think I could have a holiday in there
Well i was arrested in Amsterdam in early 80's and chucked out of the country( long story), chanced me arm and did a weekend back there a few years later and stupidly got away with it.Its a great place,a night drinking in Dam square is a great experience.
Lots to see apart from the red light business.Loads of history if your into it.

I can look into this myself & I reckon it’s a no go but...

Booked for this summer, got what I considered to be good flights. 6:30am going, 1pm coming back. Booked, about a month later got an email saying my flight was delayed from 1pm about 12 hours to 1am the following day. This is about 9 months in advance of the trip. Wasn’t ideal as we were travelling with a 2yr old.

I’m assuming this doesn’t count as it’s so far in advance & I’m not sitting in the airport?
They recently sent me emails changing my return flights for our holiday in October and I wasn’t happy with the change as it left us sitting in Amsterdam airport for 6 hours instead of the original 1 hour. I phoned them and kicked off and they arranged different flights which only increased the wait in Amasterdam to 90 minutes. I played the ‘I’ve got 2 young kids in tow...blah blah blah’ (they’re 14 and 17, but I still blagged it). The only problem I had was finding the right person to speak to, as I booked flights through Skyscanner, which obviously is only a search engine really, so I had to complain to the actual agent which was Travelup, or something like that.

Back