*&*^ Fleetwood vs SAFC ^*&*

Why do you expect us to win the next two when it took us two months to win one game and we have won 3 in 17?
Command the game in our next two games the way we have in our last two games and we’ll take 6 points. Whether we do or not is a different question altogether but there are encouraging signs.

Sat in the Fleetwood end of the main stand today.All around saying Sunderland are controlling it and the best team to have come to F'Wood this season. We should have won but our finishing was very poor. Creating a lot more chances though.
Thank you. It's always good to hear what the opposition fans made of it all. Of course, Barton will have a different view!

I wouldn't necessarily give it to Phillips but he's not the only option.

Parkinson has been a joke of an appointment, his win percentage is disgusting. People seem to want to just pretend that isn't the case and suddenly he's going to become a decent manager.

The longer he's here the more damage he will do.
Can anymore damage be done?

Sat in the Fleetwood end of the main stand today.All around saying Sunderland are controlling it and the best team to have come to F'Wood this season. We should have won but our finishing was very poor. Creating a lot more chances though.

Exactly. We were outstanding today, just like at Doncaster. Full credit to the boys.

As did the donny fansine Viking news .If we sign the right players we are going up.We are actually looking like a team for the first time in a long time.

I appreciate that but it's also good to have a liitle bit of hope that things may be turning around and the results start turning more positive due to performances.
I’m not necessarily disagreeing with what you said, as I do think a lot of the time performances and results will go hand in hand. At the same time, playing a certain pleasing brand of football in order to get results isn’t a prerequisite - there are many ways to skin a cat - I’m at the point where I’m in favour of pure pragmatism.

We first and foremost have to get through the next couple of years and simply get out of this division and make some strides towards becoming a Premier League club again, simply for the survival of the club itself. If doing that means winning “ugly” then I’m more in favour of that than an alternative of playing reasonably pretty football but drawing or losing a game and ultimately finding ourselves lumbered in this shitfest of a division any longer.

Last edited:
I’m not necessarily disagreeing with what you said, as I do think a lot of the time performances and results will go hand in hand. At the same time, playing a certain pleasing brand of football in order to get results isn’t a prerequisite - there are many ways to skin a cat - I’m at the point where I’m in favour of pure pragmatism.

We first and foremost have to get through the next couple of years and simply get out of this division and make some strides towards becoming a Premier League club again, simply for the survival of the club itself. If doing that means winning “ugly” then I’m more in favour of that than an alternative of playing reasonably pretty football but drawing or losing a game and ultimately finding ourselves lumbered in this shitfest of a division any longer.
Agree with most of that ,except donny and today wasnt ugly.It was a pleasure to watch at times,as ive said on other threads jan window will make or break us

I’d completely given up on PP, and thought there was almost certainly no way back for him.

It’s hardly a total turnaround, but the last two games have been a massive improvement. We’ve had shape, speed and a much higher work rate. I’ve actually enjoyed watching the last two games and if we can just keep it going...

A combination of poor decision making, woeful finishing and trying to aim absolutely everything at Wyke who is garbage is why we struggle.

The worryijg thing is that while you can argue the first two can be rectified (luck, confidence, coaching) Parky will never not play with Wyke as his focal point.

Decent point in the end but we should have been able to still to a comfortable win today, they were very poor.

3 wins from 17 should see anyone sacked TBH.

You surely can't blame our inability to win today on Parkinson?

Fuckin hell, I'm not his biggest fan, but they were given a penalty that quite clearly wasn't a penalty. That alone would have likely seen us win the game. Then you have Maguire, O'Nien and Gooch all missing golden opportunities. The reason we lost today had nothing to do with tactics, or lack of commitment, we lost because our players failed to take their chances.

Overall the lads played well, they created chances which we failed to do under Ross and battled very well. We were on the fromt foot for 75% of the game and I rarely saw us dominate any side under Ross.

19 attempts 3 on target I think that's disgraceful

And who's to blame for that?

One of our best efforts hit the post which counts as a missed attempt. I actually look at 19 shots and view that as improvement as there were games under Ross when we failed to muster less than 10 shots, let alone 3 shots on target.

19 attempts 3 on target I think that's disgraceful
Evening, Hank & All.

A stark reminder, of the sheer ineptitude of our squad.
We have strikers at the club, who are as hopeless, as a one legged person, in an arse kicking contest.
It's encouraging to know, we created chances aplenty today, but disheartening that we are so wasteful, in front of goal.
A big chance of a victory, and to narrow the gap, on the top six, was wasted today.
Roll on Satda 👍
Ha'way The Lads !

Last edited by a moderator:

Back