Fleetwood Mac | Rumours

You missed Fleetwood Mac (1968)
I really didn't.
kb album released 85,single prob before ,FMac 87 (WIKI),recorded 85-87
Def after because I thought it the day I heard it back then
I think he'd been working on it for a couple of years beforehand and most of his stuff for the record was originally intended for a solo album. He was already doing the programmed drums, synth and Fairlight CMI vocals on his previous record released in '84...

There's a little hook in there that's re-hashed in Big Love.
It's weird because in some pics she's a stunner, but in others more like an extra from Planet of the Apes.
^We've gorra wrong 'un here look.^
Missing "Say You Will", well worth a listen.
Anly listened once or twice, n Christine's not on it so technically not Rumour FM.

Last edited:
I really didn't.

I think he'd been working on it for a couple of years beforehand and most of his stuff for the record was originally intended for a solo album. He was already doing the programmed drums, synth and Fairlight CMI vocals on his previous record released in '84...

There's a little hook in there that's re-hashed in Big Love.

^We've gorra wrong 'un here look.^

Anly listened once or twice, n Christine's not on it so technically not Rumour FM.
Aye ,it's not a complete rip off but the KB single was out in summer 85 iirc
The galloping drums and the vocal chants and the distinctive samples were very different and brilliant
Then you hear the Fm single which is a belter btw and I thought yep what's he been listening too .

The galloping drums and the vocal chants and the distinctive samples were very different and brilliant
Then you hear the Fm single which is a belter btw and I thought yep what's he been listening too .
Using the same drum machine?

It's interesting. I was wondering if there was any link or crossover somewhere - a shared producer or something - but I can't really find one. Buckingham was pretty experimental from Tusk onwards and was piss farting about with vocal samples and that almost a decade before Tango In The Night. Sometimes it was borne out of necessity as he couldn't get Stevie in to do what he wanted.

Listen to the backing vocal on this. It sounds like Stevie, but it's him...

A lot of it comes back to the Fairlight. Interesting snippet here...

The first commercially released album to incorporate it was Kate Bush's Never for Ever (1980), programmed by Richard James Burgess and John L. Walters.

Last edited:

Back