Fleetwood Mac | Rumours

Fleetwood Mac are absolutely brilliant. I went to a tribute gig in Kantime am Berghain in Berlin last Saturday night, by a couple of artists who call themselves Fleetmac Wood. Basically, they play mixes of all FM’s hits. It was absolutely superb - the venue, people and music. Unforgettable night

My all time favourite FM tune, love it
Brilliant, thanks for this, hadn't seen it before, class
Preferred the original band with PG. Although I have to admit, Rumours was an exceptional album.

Aye both bands were/are superb..

I was very lucky to see the 'original' Fleetwood Mac at the Toby Jug down here Surrey in 1968 with Chicken Shack..

They did Oh Well and Black Magic Woman as part of their set iirc

Real shame about Peter Green, although I think he's still alive somewhere :(

Last edited:

I was very lucky to see the 'original' Fleetwood Mac at the Toby Jug down here Surrey in 1968 with Chicken Shack..

He is, seen him play a couple of times with his Splinter Group. Not quite the same energy, but who cares?

It's interesting. I was wondering if there was any link or crossover somewhere - a shared producer or something - but I can't really find one. Buckingham was pretty experimental from Tusk onwards and was piss farting about with vocal samples and that almost a decade before Tango In The Night. Sometimes it was borne out of necessity as he couldn't get Stevie in to do what he wanted.

Listen to the backing vocal on this. It sounds like Stevie, but it's him...

A lot of it comes back to the Fairlight. Interesting snippet here...

The first commercially released album to incorporate it was Kate Bush's Never for Ever (1980), programmed by Richard James Burgess and John L. Walters.
It is interesting mate and very much my thing ,I've always been into sounds and moods in a song,I used to buy Recording magazines back in the day .Some people are driven by lyrics etc I'm not. Kate part produced Never for Ever then self produced everything after so I just think with the Fairlight it was word of mouth .Peter Gabriel introduced Kate to it .I saw PG on the South bank show making PG4 and that waa a massive influence .Mostly drums / percussion wise
The Fairlight was something like 36 grand in the early 80s so it was hired at a very high rate .It must have been amazing to use but you still need the ideas
Weird to hear these little cool sample sounds now in pop sings that the old "hippy" pretty much started .All the African ,eastern type influences
It's interesting. I was wondering if there was any link or crossover somewhere - a shared producer or something - but I can't really find one. Buckingham was pretty experimental from Tusk onwards and was piss farting about with vocal samples and that almost a decade before Tango In The Night. Sometimes it was borne out of necessity as he couldn't get Stevie in to do what he wanted.

Listen to the backing vocal on this. It sounds like Stevie, but it's him...

A lot of it comes back to the Fairlight. Interesting snippet here...

The first commercially released album to incorporate it was Kate Bush's Never for Ever (1980), programmed by Richard James Burgess and John L. Walters.
Fairlight 16 mins in

Last edited:

He’s been touring. There’s a documentary about him on Netflix.

Back