Fleabay

Advice oh wise and masterful SMB.

I made the mistake of buying an expensive kitchen mixer on eBay for my old ma for Christmas. Described as new but I queried if it was marked just in case and was told it was in perfect Nick. Cut a long story short, it arrived and was dinged and scratched to buggery. Seller knew this because they offered a third discount as soon as I complained. Refused the discount and they agreed a full refund plus postage. Duly did that - twats they got the mixer and have tried to argue i’ve sent a different one back, refusing the refund and basically telling me to do one.

So, do I wait for PayPal to sort it ( there’s loads of messages verifying all the above) or should I fuck them off, hoy a fee at it and sue the lying bastards for my money back.

Any thoughts on mischief to make with the address as well

Advice oh wise and masterful SMB.

I made the mistake of buying an expensive kitchen mixer on eBay for my old ma for Christmas. Described as new but I queried if it was marked just in case and was told it was in perfect Nick. Cut a long story short, it arrived and was dinged and scratched to buggery. Seller knew this because they offered a third discount as soon as I complained. Refused the discount and they agreed a full refund plus postage. Duly did that - twats they got the mixer and have tried to argue i’ve sent a different one back, refusing the refund and basically telling me to do one.

So, do I wait for PayPal to sort it ( there’s loads of messages verifying all the above) or should I fuck them off, hoy a fee at it and sue the lying bastards for my money back.

Any thoughts on mischief to make with the address as well
I know it must be a terrible time for you but I can't believe you fell for that :lol:

you return it, then you get the refund. thats how it rolls on ebay.

There’s two ways todo it, using the ‘not asdedcribef’ Function, which ties PayPal into the whole thing, then doing it via messages and good Will, in which case you’re fucked if they don’t play the game

Take it up with ebay by phoning them. They always look after the buyer not the seller.
This. I sent something to somebody who claimed it was damaged 8 weeks after they received it. I was no longer able to claim against the courier because of the time that had passed, so Paypal just took the money off me anyway and gave it to him.

Back