Fleabag

Absolutely amazing TV. The absolute perfect balance of tragic and comedy. The type of show Gervais could only dream of making now. The best TV show of the year (and that includes Alan Partridge, which I also love)
I've only watched the first series but would agree. Perfectly written and performed and I'm sure it is what Gervais thinks he is writing.
It didn't appeal to me at all so I only started watching a couple of weeks ago when so many people told me how good it was.

Here we go
Two of the best tv shows out there
Let's pick one as better than the other!
It's like being back at school
Strangely I loved Fleabag yet haven't watched it for about 2 weeks after about 4 episodes
Gervais I watched in two nights

Here we go
Two of the best tv shows out there
Let's pick one as better than the other!

It's like being back at school
Strangely I loved Fleabag yet haven't watched it for about 2 weeks after about 4 episodes
Gervais I watched in two nights
I think one is very good and one is very poor. I thought After Life had potential after first episode but I gave up after episode three as all the characters are one dimensional and cliched.
Fleabag has depth and layers, After Life is as subtle as Mrs Brown's Boys.
They are chalk and cheese in quality so it's easy to say one is better than the other but they are comparable as the central theme, mental health following death of a loved one, is the same.
If I were comparing Fleabag to Partridge, it would be a bit more difficult. Partridge is improving episode by episode and it's a very different type of comedy so not comparable.

I think one is very good and one is very poor. I thought After Life had potential after first episode but I gave up after episode three as all the characters are one dimensional and cliched.
Fleabag has depth and layers, After Life is as subtle as Mrs Brown's Boys.
They are chalk and cheese in quality so it's easy to say one is better than the other but they are comparable as the central theme, mental health following death of a loved one, is the same.
If I were comparing Fleabag to Partridge, it would be a bit more difficult. Partridge is improving episode by episode and it's a very different type of comedy so not comparable.
"I think" is the only important bit there

What ive seen of Fleabag are good characters that don't change either
Her sister her fella her dad his lass etc etc

Last edited:
I persuaded Mrs K to watch the first episode last night. She didn't enjoy it. I thought it was pretty funny, although it's that kind of awkward funny that people either go for or don't.
It's certainly different to your standard comedy, what with all the 4th wall breaking etc.

I might give it another watch and see if she'll give episode 2 a go, but I can't see her going for it.

Start from the beginning.

I envy you watching these for the first time. They really are very good.
Like Killing Eve it starts at a good pace .Clever lass

It's good but Afterlife blows it out the water :lol:
Could be an age thing ,my older brother said on Sunday younger people may not get it ?

Fleabag is a view from a young clever lass living in a busy city with all that that entails .Yeah the death of someone they cared about is a link but its a weak one .You just crack on when you're young,its one thing in lots of things in your non stop life .Gervais is dead inside ,he has no thoughts to tell the camera ,he's empty and the pace of life and where he is couldn't be further away from London

Last edited:
Some blokes love it as they get bonk ons because the lass is a bit dirty :lol:
Not heard that in a while :lol::lol:

Not seen any of Fleabag, keep meaning to give it a go & this thread will probably push me over the edge. Cue me binge watching the lot over the next couple of nights :p

Last edited:

Back