Flat roofer recommendations

We had ours done in 2017/18 cost about £1200 I think which was by far the cheapest of 3 quotes. Finlay roofing was about 5k!

Are you based in the Sunderland area?

Did my last house one myself, took a couple of days.

Stripped he roof to the joists
New thick marine ply
Googled laying felt
Bought the gear
Stuck it down

Threw everything I was wearing, used or came into contact with in the bin.

Saved hundreds

We had ours done in 2017/18 cost about £1200 I think which was by far the cheapest of 3 quotes. Finlay roofing was about 5k!

Are you based in the Sunderland area?
I’d follow the advice on here and try to incorporate some slope.
Avoid Findley Roofing, absolute shocking outfit, I have seen a number of people ripped off by these cowboys. Don’t want to say anymore but customers age doesn’t seem to be a factor on who they’ll fleece.

Depends if you're getting felt or rubber. Close to 2k for rubber I'd imagine, knock a few hundred off for felt

Build it up and get a sloped roof would be my advice.
Whatever you do, you won't get much change from over a grand I'm afraid
Grand wouldn’t buy the gear ! Flat roof keep it it’s a garage not beckhams games room. Go with epdm rubber membrane work on £60-£80 per square metre that’s strip and or overboarding using ply 25 year guarantee

Build it up and get a sloped roof would be my advice.
Whatever you do, you won't get much change from over a grand I'm afraid

If you put trusses and concrete tiles on then the walls and foundations will have to withstand the additional loading.

That’s re build effectively - and may attract planning permission and building regulations consent.

If you do re felt it make sure the decking is in good order - no point felting over a damaged deck .

Last edited:
I’d follow the advice on here and try to incorporate some slope.
Avoid Findley Roofing, absolute shocking outfit, I have seen a number of people ripped off by these cowboys. Don’t want to say anymore but customers age doesn’t seem to be a factor on who they’ll fleece.
Nee wonder the blokes a nonce

Logon or register to see this image

Back