Flat faced dogs

Personally I bought my Frenchie from a proper breeder from Leeds who competes regular in Crufts. She breeds hers knowing what health problems can occur with them so purposely bred her “longer” nosed bitch with a flatter faced dog which resulted in the litter having a more normal face. I see some frenchies what struggle breathing etc so get what you are saying but let’s not tar all with the same brush. If you seen mine you’d fully understand what I mean. He is true to type but has incredible shape and leanness and all muscle not fat as a lot are and has no breathing problems.
I think the point you are trying to make is when bellends just breed for breeding sake to make money whilst not caring about what they are bringing into the world.

Exactly

A hell of a lot of frenchies, pugs and bulldogs appearing on Facebook, gumtree and the likes raised on council estates by heathens who are in the game for one thing.

I've never understood the attraction for "inbreeds", every dog I've ever owned has been a mongrel. Inbreeds are just too inbred and unhealthy.

Personally I bought my Frenchie from a proper breeder from Leeds who competes regular in Crufts. She breeds hers knowing what health problems can occur with them so purposely bred her “longer” nosed bitch with a flatter faced dog which resulted in the litter having a more normal face. I see some frenchies what struggle breathing etc so get what you are saying but let’s not tar all with the same brush. If you seen mine you’d fully understand what I mean. He is true to type but has incredible shape and leanness and all muscle not fat as a lot are and has no breathing problems.
I think the point you are trying to make is when bellends just breed for breeding sake to make money whilst not caring about what they are bringing into the world.

Totally agree with everything your saying. I have a cavilier king charles that was bred from a crufts champion and is twice the size of some of the ones I see.... Some of them are tiny.

If people like your girlfriend didn’t create a demand for these flat faced dogs, being fully aware of the health issues, then maybe there would be no need to ban them.

Back