Flat Earth...again

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Cowvahlo, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Kent_Mackem

Kent_Mackem Striker

I think the happy clappers actually genuinely believe the shite they spout. The flat earthers are just attention seekers.

2. southstander

southstander Full Back

Looks curved to me ..... [​IMG]

Aituk7 likes this.
  3. DaveH

DaveH Striker

In your world, do pilots flying due east constantly bank left?

Simple. All spherical proof is fake and can be dismissed. All flat earth speculation generally does not work, but questions about it are ignored or replied with 'well I don't have all the answers'. See my question above is sensible and will be ignored.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  4. parm

parm Winger

fish eye lens , think about it if that was accurate the earth would be tiny

I don't have all the answers , I just know planes would fly off into space unless they were constantly dipping . I suspect all pilots know deep down we don't live on a spinning space rock , just think about it rationally and clear your mind of the deep programming you have endured since childhood

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  5. DaveH

DaveH Striker

Or work it out with maths. Any dip of the nose (ignoring the effects of gravity etc), it turns out to be a tiny fraction of a degree per minute.

Well done on finding something other than your water on spinning ball thing, but this nose dip thing is equally weak. Like I say, on a flat earth you could not go east west without banking.

Rotten Johnny likes this.
  6. southstander

southstander Full Back

No, normal lens at just over 30,000’.

7. parm

parm Winger

you haven't seen a genuine image of earth from space ever , only CGI and composite images

8. Narraback

Narraback Striker

Fuck it I'll humour you, I have a lovely glass of red and I'm listening to 90's trance (OT Quartet), so why not?

Alfred Russel Wallace

nyron4england and parm like this.
  9. Not to mention the other old favourite of the flattards, "the proof is out there, go and find it, but I'm not going to post any of it myself"

parm likes this.
  10. carboncat

carboncat Goalkeeper

11. DaveH

DaveH Striker

One of the questions I have asked our resident flattards (or more likely pretending to be that thick for reasons unknown), is if the moon and other planets are flat discs or spheres, specifically Jupiter and Saturn. Not being as thick as they appear, this question is always tactically ignored. They know that anyone with a small scope or even £50 binoculars can observe the rotatation of these two.

12. Gucci Massive

Gucci Massive Striker

Or attention seekers.

13. GK

GK Striker Contributor

This will be ignored

14. Gucci Massive

Gucci Massive Striker

So if the Earth is flat, surely it would make sense for the...

Actually, fuck it. I can't believe I was about to waste time putting forward an argument against this absurdity.

Slippery Jim, Narraback and Aituk7 like this.
  15. Aituk7

Aituk7 Winger

:lol:

16. southstander

southstander Full Back

That isn’t CGI or composite, I took it myself and it is a fair representation of the view I could see out of the window.

17. robbied1

robbied1 Winger

the only reason these flat earth docu's are available because they put them next to ones that are true, like 9/11 and landing on the moon, to make them sound less believeable

18. SAFCOldie

SAFCOldie Striker

The serious flat earth types regard anything put out by NASA as fake. That is what it boils down to, they don't believe a word of anything from the authorities.

safcforever, parm and Aituk7 like this.
  19. GK

GK Striker Contributor

They also ignore their eyes, maths, physics and the movement of the sun/moon/stars. We're basically regressing about 400 years with this utter shit.

L18SFC, Narraback, SAFCOldie and 2 others like this.
  20. DaveH

DaveH Striker

While forgetting NASA are not the only space agency, then now you have to consider private companies.

The moon landing, Voyager probes (launched a few weeks after I was born and still going strong) and Rosetta are amongst humankind’s greatest achievements. Just observing space and leaning about the science and maths behind it all are amazing. Sitting believing nut jobs on youtube, not exploring the flaws in the ideas yourself and beliving that all the above are faked by powerful people out to get you, must be a sad little life.