Flanagan

Flanagan had a good game today, he isnt shite, far from it....I think the problem with him is that a lot of people dont see a frame of a footballer (in the mould of Peter Crouch) so he is pretty unfancied and this is why unfortunately he wont stop here long and will jump between a lot of clubs...never the less I think hes got good feet and is a steady defender

We won

Im not getting analyticall or however you spell it

Savour and enjoy, make most of it

Plenty of time to criticise when we suffer our next loss

HTL

Needs to be Willis, Wright and Ozturk

I don't think we'll see Ozturk and Wright playing together unless injuries force it. Pretty clear PP prefers one of those centrally, Willis on the right and either Lynch or Flan on left.

Flanagan is definitely shaky at times but clean sheet and a crucial challenge I think he should keep his spot.

Probably a bit unfair of me marra, forgive me, but I'm just a bit frustrated this lad seems to get no slack at all. Always comes in and does his best and I thought he played well enough today. As I said, that tackle and the 2 points it undoubtedly saved may prove a game changer this season, so to dismiss it is wrong I think.

Fair play. In another thread not so long ago, I'd given Flanagan praise saying since he come back into the team under Parkinson he's looked good. But today, in my eyes, I saw more of the old Flanagan. Of course I can acknowledge the crucial tackle he made to give us the three points.

It was a good tackle.

One slight concern is that the three centre backs we had today have all spent time playing right back as well and they are all much stronger on their right foot.

With the exception of Lynch the squad defensively is very lopsided in favour of right footed players so Hume will sometimes look isolated unless we are wary of this.

Back