Flanagan

I wouldn’t give him a new deal, was alright today though apart from that left footed pass sliced into the stand.

I agree his crosses were absolutely shocking. But when Flanagan plays Hume always seems to be under more pressure defensively.

I didn’t even think he was under pressure today, particularly.

It was what he did with the ball that let him down. I think John will be starting soon, to give Hume a rest more than anything.

It cringes me to think a lot of fans think this is a good team. When you think of the past 5 years or so and some of the players that were slagged off, they would be world class compared to this lot
Yeah but we’re league one. You have to reflect our level with how good they are. If you look at all the players still playing at a high level that we’ve had in the past, we should be here and yet we are.

I didn’t even think he was under pressure today, particularly.

It was what he did with the ball that let him down. I think John will be starting soon, to give Hume a rest more than anything.

Most likely right about John, perhaps on Tuesday. Think we will see 2-3 changes. Definitely the right game to freshen things up.

I’m sorry like but you can’t blame Flanagan for Hume being unable to put a decent cross into the box, challenge for headers or stay with his man.

The kid was crap today and it wasn’t anyone else’s fault.

For all the ball he gets in attacking areas he is pretty ineffective.

Personally I prefer us with Willis and Flanagan on either side of the three. Both are mobile and can carry the ball - when we've been at our best post-Christmas, we've had these two as options to carry the ball into the other team's half.

The lad is L1/bottom half Championship material, but being placed in a decent system alongside competent defenders has done him the world of good.

Everyone has an opinion but I can only guess you know fuck all about football. The lad was a contender for MotM. Doesn't matter if you don't like him as a player but at least have the nuts to admit the lad played well.
This saved me about fifty words. A massively improved player.
Everyone has an opinion but I can only guess you know fuck all about football. The lad was a contender for MotM. Doesn't matter if you don't like him as a player but at least have the nuts to admit the lad played well.

So good I named it twice

Last edited:
Personally I prefer us with Willis and Flanagan on either side of the three. Both are mobile and can carry the ball - when we've been at our best post-Christmas, we've had these two as options to carry the ball into the other team's half.

The lad is L1/bottom half Championship material, but being placed in a decent system alongside competent defenders has done him the world of good.

As well as it can be summed up. Pace either side of ozturk / Wright. Will bail you out countless times at this level. And helps immensely that Willis is an absolute cut above. Right players in a system that works with their strengths.

Bearing in mind he's a right footer on the left hand side as well. Always going to be more difficult.

For all the ball he gets in attacking areas he is pretty ineffective.
Seems to always cross the ball from under the centre of his body which prevents him getting any elevation. Great movement and great desire to get forward but his crossing really let's him down at times. Thought he defended - stopped crosses coming in - better today than many recent games.

We know that Flanagan isn’t the best passer of the ball, which made it all the more curious that Power kept giving it to him.

However, his main role is to defend and I thought he was pretty solid defensively, making a couple of key tackles in the second half especially. Thought he had a decent game.

It cringes me to think a lot of fans think this is a good team. When you think of the past 5 years or so and some of the players that were slagged off, they would be world class compared to this lot
Yes. But this is where we are.
We're in league one and can't get Premier class players. Thought that was fairly obvious

Not sure what you mean by sadly for me, mate?
Probably a bit unfair of me marra, forgive me, but I'm just a bit frustrated this lad seems to get no slack at all. Always comes in and does his best and I thought he played well enough today. As I said, that tackle and the 2 points it undoubtedly saved may prove a game changer this season, so to dismiss it is wrong I think.

Back