Flanagan

Noticed a few times now he seems reluctant to clear his lines and causes trouble by trying to leave it for McLaughlin. See the goal yesterday, he had a chance to clear it after McLaughlins save but instead he leaves it and it turns into a scramble.
Can anyone explain why he wouldn't just clear it in this situation
I agree but I’m reluctant to criticise. I can think of several times where we look like we are hesitating at the back. The goal at Coventry is a good example. It maybe this idea that we are trying to be footballing defenders rather than hoofers. I do think we need to be more sure about clearing our lines though.

Did you see Baldwins 2 attempted clearance's just before their goal?

Baldwin's got a mistake in him and a heavy first touch but he is a very good defender at this level and he wins loads in the air. I don't mind the two of them together to be honest but if we go up we will have to look at replacements

Done ok but needs to take responsibility at times and just clear the lines (as do a couple of others)
Just needs a word to do this from manager and coaching staff n he will be fine.

Granted we will need to better centre halfs for the next level but both Flanagan n Baldwin could do a job with better centre halfs along side them

Noticed a few times now he seems reluctant to clear his lines and causes trouble by trying to leave it for McLaughlin. See the goal yesterday, he had a chance to clear it after McLaughlins save but instead he leaves it and it turns into a scramble.
Can anyone explain why he wouldn't just clear it in this situation
No. You just clear your lines.

Is it a lack of common sense then? just can't get my head around it. Id be bursting to get there and put it out of play after a great save.

Think he's been decent for us this season like. Would play him at right back if Matthews is out.

Kept me aaaall neet

Back