Flanagan Replacement

The thing for me is, if you know you are 1 card away from a suspension, don't do anything daft. Through the season, injuries are inevitable, but to lose players in that way wasn't clever.

Alves has been a weird loan signing like. Was involved in the majority of West Ham’s pre season playing quite a bit and then comes here to be our 4th choice instead of West Ham’s 4th choice?

Bailey-Wright probably, but I'd like to see Alves myself.
I am not sure LJ trusts Bailey in a back 4, hence him only being used as an extra to see out the games so far….so could be a change in formation with possibly Geads missing out ?
Fleetwood were very fluid in scoring 4 at Rotherham so that will be on LJ‘s mind

Alves has been a weird loan signing like. Was involved in the majority of West Ham’s pre season playing quite a bit and then comes here to be our 4th choice instead of West Ham’s 4th choice?
you'd think he and West Ham expected him to feature pretty regularly but then Flanagan has been excellent which I'm not sure was expected on a consistent basis and then Alves looked a bit shaky in the cup game he played. think LJ said afterwards he struggled with the pace of the game. will probably get minutes in the cups again but i can't see him getting much game time in the league unless he improves quite a bit

Alves struggled when he played, so I assume Wright will play, but will it be in a back 3? Could be Doyle, Wright and O'9 ?

If he’s suspended already after 6 games he’s on target to miss 8 games due to suspensions!!

Aye the refs are shit in L1 but all the more reason not to give them an excuse to book you

The Burton one was for dissent at full time I think as well

I was never a massive fan of Wright but also think he's been written off too quickly on the back of a poor time coming back from injury at a time when the team had capitulated. Its a long season, Alves time will come. Sanderson didn't really play regularly until the second half of last season.

The thing for me is, if you know you are 1 card away from a suspension, don't do anything daft. Through the season, injuries are inevitable, but to lose players in that way wasn't clever.
He's played really well but a few of his bookings have been stupid and easily avoidable. No point clattering players on the half way line or nudging goalkeepers (even if the keeper's reaction was ridiculous)

Back