Flags Out On 80 Minutes

Was good! They were getting passed about a bit as well so that helped with any ‘restricted’ view! Atmosphere was good again today throughout and this picked it up a bit at a good time.

Thinking of taking my daughter for the first time next game and think she will love been part of it. If the flags come out again at the end I’ll no doubt have to make sure she gets a go!

People involved in all of the flags and the changes to the Roker End are doing a great job. There certainly doing their part in helping create a good atmosphere, Well done & keep it going!

Looked good - only thought would to be have a certain block of seats towards the back of the stand that will be where the flags get released and that be announced before hand - more concentrated and allow those who dont want to have their view blocked a chance to relocate.

Looked good - only thought would to be have a certain block of seats towards the back of the stand that will be where the flags get released and that be announced before hand - more concentrated and allow those who dont want to have their view blocked a chance to relocate.
This is a great shout

Well don’t blame me, blame the person giving false information who said they saw someone walking away from the ground with one
That may have been one from the pre match display

Was good! They were getting passed about a bit as well so that helped with any ‘restricted’ view! Atmosphere was good again today throughout and this picked it up a bit at a good time.

Thinking of taking my daughter for the first time next game and think she will love been part of it. If the flags come out again at the end I’ll no doubt have to make sure she gets a go!

People involved in all of the flags and the changes to the Roker End are doing a great job. There certainly doing their part in helping create a good atmosphere, Well done & keep it going!
Class feedback mate. Thanks
Hopefully if they do come out again, the bairn will get one

Last edited:
I think the flags being out last 10 kind of kept people going with the chants IMO. There's many a time the atmosphere has just lulled out for the last 5 minutes and it's been a dull cheer at the final whistle.
Yesterday had chants still going and a roar at the end

:lol:

Pretty cool sure that the flags didn’t make people sing. Unless they are magic flags. The occasion and the fact it was a massive result, and as the last 5 minutes become less tense due to the 2-0 lead is what made people sing

Pretty cool sure that the flags didn’t make people sing. Unless they are magic flags. The occasion and the fact it was a massive result, and as the last 5 minutes become less tense due to the 2-0 lead is what made people sing
The atmosphere has been class before kick off. 10 mins before. That’s definitely the flags, songs being sung etc. That hasn’t happened all season and hasn’t for years.

I think it’s pretty much agreed now that the Roker End is going to be the singing, standing, flag waving, noisy area from now on. And I hope it goes from strength to strength.
If anyone has a seat there but does not want to be part of it , then they really should move. That will lead to less moaning and also provide space for those so inclined.
I bet there were a lot of kids eyeing up the South Stand yesterday thinking they would fancy some of that . Just like when we did and then progressed to the Fulwell End back in the day !!

To be fair from the roker end starting the chants to it then filtering through to the rest of the ground yesterday it was great to see it back like that, the bairns and their father's (some mother's) in the family zone were all into it aswell although in a sqeakier tone I'd hate for them to be moved for the away fans being so close will only inspire them for the future, I would like to see them chanting being encouraged and even have Samson plus accomplice walking around orchastrating the bairns and they can have little paper flags and or clappers

The late kick off and extra beer was also a contributory factor imo

Back