Flags Out On 80 Minutes

At the end of the day, it's something new. There's been good feedback and constructive (others will just have a go for the sake of it).
I'm sure it'll all be taken on board and if one outweighs the other, the relevant action will be taken (or not taken) in future

As I've said before I think the flags look mint they really do and especially at kick off they do add to the atmosphere. I wasn't affected being in the north but if some people are complaining about missing ten mins of the match then the flags could be kept down til the end.

Would never knock the affect its had on the atmosphere as its all been positive. Off topic from flags here like but the lattice work looked amazing and I pray it can somehow be put around the ground and not just the south stand..

As I've said before I think the flags look mint they really do and especially at kick off they do add to the atmosphere. I wasn't affected being in the north but if some people are complaining about missing ten mins of the match then the flags could be kept down til the end.

Would never knock the affect its had on the atmosphere as its all been positive. Off topic from flags here like but the lattice work looked amazing and I pray it can somehow be put around the ground and not just the south stand..
That's all fair. Will be interesting to see the overall feedback and see whether positive comments outweigh negative.

Latticework is a costly job I thinm so would take a fair bit to get it all the way round, but agree it would look topper

Money mate. Stuart put his hand in his pocket for a lot of this, but it has to be supporter led.

I

I'm sure there'll be more people who enjoyed being involved in a quality atmosphere for the last 10 minutes than people who were annoyed that they didn't see the last ten minutes of a game which was done and dusted with not much happening.
Plenty streaming out of the East Stand well before the final whistle. What was their excuse?

I’m a north stander, but I wouldn’t have been happy at all with one of those obstructing my view of the match. Not really sure how much waving a flag can add to the atmosphere, more about people wanting to raise the atmosphere which naturally happens more at the end of the season when everything means more and is amplified. Don’t have a problem with them, but I’d have been complaining if that was in front of me. Should be restricted to pre match and full time for me. End of the day, I go to the match to watch the match first and foremost.

I’m a north stander, but I wouldn’t have been happy at all with one of those obstructing my view of the match. Not really sure how much waving a flag can add to the atmosphere, more about people wanting to raise the atmosphere which naturally happens more at the end of the season when everything means more and is amplified. Don’t have a problem with them, but I’d have been complaining if that was in front of me. Should be restricted to pre match and full time for me. End of the day, I go to the match to watch the match first and foremost.
I think the flags being out last 10 kind of kept people going with the chants IMO. There's many a time the atmosphere has just lulled out for the last 5 minutes and it's been a dull cheer at the final whistle.
Yesterday had chants still going and a roar at the end

I couldn't see because of the flags. Absolutely foaming.

I sit in the north stand anarl
:lol:

I think it’s pretty much agreed now that the Roker End is going to be the singing, standing, flag waving, noisy area from now on. And I hope it goes from strength to strength.
If anyone has a seat there but does not want to be part of it , then they really should move. That will lead to less moaning and also provide space for those so inclined.
I bet there were a lot of kids eyeing up the South Stand yesterday thinking they would fancy some of that . Just like when we did and then progressed to the Fulwell End back in the day !!

I think it’s pretty much agreed now that the Roker End is going to be the singing, standing, flag waving, noisy area from now on. And I hope it goes from strength to strength.
If anyone has a seat there but does not want to be part of it , then they really should move. That will lead to less moaning and also provide space for those so inclined.
I bet there were a lot of kids eyeing up the South Stand yesterday thinking they would fancy some of that . Just like when we did and then progressed to the Fulwell End back in the day !!

Good post mate.

Literally no one in u37 has complained on here. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

'I sit in the...... stand and it looked great, mind you if it was Infront of me I wouldn't be happy'

It's worth noting no one in u37 stands there becuase they want a cup of tea and a sit down with there blanket, its always been the singing end after people migrated from the south west corner.

Last edited:
It was a good idea and it gave a lot.of people a chance to wave one as people were passing them on after a couple of minutes.

People were waving them in front of me and I could still see what was happening on the pitch.

Back