RAWA Flag/Banner Design Ideas

Something with kevin Phillips on is a must. The only Englishman to win the golden boot, to do it playing for us is unreal.
Phillips, scoring in golden boots whilst floating on air

I'm nee good at designs but if someone could knock something like this up in the style of a Durham Miner's Banner/Flag and put in some of our legends. Monty, Raich Carter, Shackleton etc like this think it would look class. Put the old badges in at the bottom as well.

Logon or register to see this image
Class idea marra

Last edited:

We've had some discussions on this with people who make the Gala banners. We'd need to get someone who can design it for print, as getting the made is really expensive as they're hand painted onto silk.

Can I ask if this is still being pursued? How much were you quoted?

Can I ask if this is still being pursued? How much were you quoted?
Not through the original person. We’re waiting to see the designs etc coming through and then possibly pursue it. Costs wise it would be close to half the total amount we’re hoping to raise.

They were beautiful mind. Works of art. Literally

I'm nee good at designs but if someone could knock something like this up in the style of a Durham Miner's Banner/Flag and put in some of our legends. Monty, Raich Carter, Shackleton etc like this think it would look class. Put the old badges in at the bottom as well.

Logon or register to see this image

Durham Mineworkers branch who disowned us? The same one?

Not through the original person. We’re waiting to see the designs etc coming through and then possibly pursue it. Costs wise it would be close to half the total amount we’re hoping to raise.

They were beautiful mind. Works of art. Literally

I can see that it would be impractical. we wouldnt get much use out of painted silk in the conditions at our stadium. Given our heritage a printed version definitely something we should be considering!!

Who cares really. If it improves the atmosphere, great. It's currently the worst it's been.
We go around the houses with this one. Atmosphere at a football match has zero to do with flags and zero to do with seats. Some of the best home atmosphere that I’ve been in has been at the sol. Roker park was like a morgue at times despite being predominatently standing

If it makes people feel better about getting a few flags then so be it but the thing that improves atmosphere and is the bee all
And end all is what happens out on the pitch or a big game.

The team need to produce and a thousand flags won’t make any material difference to any atmosphere. It’ll end up looking like one of those ultras types atmosphere which dismays me.

British fan culture being ripped up and now following the continentals.

We go around the houses with this one. Atmosphere at a football match has zero to do with flags and zero to do with seats. Some of the best home atmosphere that I’ve been in has been at the sol. Roker park was like a morgue at times despite being predominatently standing

If it makes people feel better about getting a few flags then so be it but the thing that improves atmosphere and is the bee all
And end all is what happens out on the pitch or a big game.

The team need to produce and a thousand flags won’t make any material difference to any atmosphere. It’ll end up looking like one of those ultras types atmosphere which dismays me.

British fan culture being ripped up and now following the continentals.

Agreed, but flags/banners add to the atmosphere/environment in a visual sense. It is not a negative.

As for British fan culture, it hasn't been ripped up, it has slowly died and it is simply not working. Times have changed and something drastic needs doing to reinvograte the atmosphere in the ground.

Agreed, but flags/banners add to the atmosphere/environment in a visual sense. It is not a negative.

As for British fan culture, it hasn't been ripped up, it has slowly died and it is simply not working. Times have changed and something drastic needs doing to reinvograte the atmosphere in the ground.
The British atmosphere has gone nowhere. Its still around, alive and well. You can see it at every derby game and it hasn't changed.

Why oh why British football fans have latched onto this Ultras stuff isn't clear to me. We have our own culture and its time to demonstrate it, not try and ditch it and copy someone else.

The British atmosphere has gone nowhere. Its still around, alive and well. You can see it at every derby game and it hasn't changed.

Why oh why British football fans have latched onto this Ultras stuff isn't clear to me. We have our own culture and its time to demonstrate it, not try and ditch it and copy someone else.
I’m not really arsed by it either. In fact I think it’s crap. And it’s very hypocritical as there were plenty on here who ripped the piss out of the mags for their flags.

However if the majority think this will make it better me being a minority will just get on with it. Hopefully I’m wrong and it makes the place a f***ing hell hole for visitors

We haven't had a league or cup derby this season though, playing the mags u21 aside. Unsure where you are coming from on this one mate, I know you attend games so should agree that the atmosphere has been very poor. Even when we're winning.

It is actually getting worse. The south stand has been very poor considering we are supposed to rely on them for creating the atmosphere in the ground.

Last edited:

Back