RAWA Flag/Banner Design Ideas

Loving some of the proposed designs but just wanted to clarify 1 point, I presume we are talking about flags or banners to hang around the stadium, not a fan of the generic large flags on poles that are hoisted up and waved when a goal is scored like they do at Arsenal and Chelsea or like the Palace zanies, which are just cringe worthy and 1 step along the path of getting a drum.

It'll be a mixture of surfers and flags in the roker end during the match. There will be other more permanent stuff in the stand to create some great visuals as well.

I'm nee good at designs but if someone could knock something like this up in the style of a Durham Miner's Banner/Flag and put in some of our legends. Monty, Raich Carter, Shackleton etc like this think it would look class. Put the old badges in at the bottom as well.

Logon or register to see this image

We've had some discussions on this with people who make the Gala banners. We'd need to get someone who can design it for print, as getting the made is really expensive as they're hand painted onto silk.

I had my flag approved by the club as the next design under haway the flags. Put it forward again for this but not heard anything back

Dropbox - NewFlag.jpg

Class design that like

I'm nee good at designs but if someone could knock something like this up in the style of a Durham Miner's Banner/Flag and put in some of our legends. Monty, Raich Carter, Shackleton etc like this think it would look class. Put the old badges in at the bottom as well.

Great idea!

We've had some discussions on this with people who make the Gala banners. We'd need to get someone who can design it for print, as getting the made is really expensive as they're hand painted onto silk.

Could be done. Just the time to do it. Will be the portraits of players will be hardest and getting the painted banner effect, not letting just look like a normal banner. Loads of overlays and effects needed

Always thought we should do something like this

That is cool but it looks like they are trying to spell YMCA.

I had my flag approved by the club as the next design under haway the flags. Put it forward again for this but not heard anything back

Dropbox - NewFlag.jpg

Beautiful.

I'm interested to see what folk have to offer, but I'm not getting actively involved as I'm rubbish!
My only thought is whether it's worth someone from RWA contacting that Josh Magennis lad from St Mirren (supporter as opposed to ex player, I believe) whom Jack Ross waxed lyrical about (in terms of his role in reestablishing links between club & supporters & helping improve stadium atmosphere, which in turn, improved team performance) on the recent RR podcast? It might already have been done, but thought I'd mention it anyway....

Last edited:
Beautiful.

I'm interested to see what folk have to offer, but I'm not getting actively involved as I'm rubbish!
My only thought is whether it's worth someone from RWA contacting that Josh Magennis lad from St Mirren (supporter as opposed to ex player, I believe) whom Jack Ross waxed lyrical about (in terms of his role in reestablishing links between club & supporters & helping improve stadium atmosphere, which in turn, improved team performance) on the recent RR podcast? It might already have been done, but thought I'd mention it anyway....
Funny enough I know his cousin, I can see if I can have a word like

Back