Fix my Diet!

I made a batch of chili for four once with two ghost peppers and it was mad hot. One would be about right, but still hot.

I once made a 6L pot of Chilli with 4 Dorset Nagas in & it was inedible. I ended up making another complete batch but without any chillies in it at all & portioned them out ½ & ½ & it was still a bit cheeky.

I once made a 6L pot of Chilli with 4 Dorset Nagas in & it was inedible. I ended up making another complete batch but without any chillies in it at all & portioned them out ½ & ½ & it was still a bit cheeky.
Haha. Well this was about 8 single portions with 1 habanero and one ghost chilli. And it wasn't really hot enough tbh.

Wonder if dried chillies simply aren't as hot?

No Bull burgers from Iceland are very good, I like the oopmth stuff in tesco as well for curries and stuff or the kebabs in a wrap or whatever. A lot of people saying the new sainsburys mushroom sausages are really good as well but yet to spot them.
Tried the Iceland burgers yesterday, very tasty. Cheers.

So, in just a couple of weeks we now have:
8 portions of chilli (not great, but better than my old one - I know what I'll tweak next time too)
8 portions of bolognese (its f***ing amazing!)
14 cod and salmon fish cakes

All made and frozen for quick, healthy meals on another day.

Still loads more to go, but its a cracking start. Thanks everyone.

The spicy bean casserole on the bbc website is topper imo.
Link? Can't find it other than a hundred sausage and bean casserole recipes.

8 portions of chilli (not great, but better than my old one - I know what I'll tweak next time too)

Mate can you share your recipes please - saw the link to the Bolognese, what about the fishcakes?

Mate can you share your recipes please - saw the link to the Bolognese, what about the fishcakes?
What about them why do you always have to bring the fishcakes into it I know your sending me messages by code but what has Fish cakes got to do with it got to do with it, what's fishcakes got to do with it.

tina turner

Fish Cakes
Tip - Dont go overboard with the herbs - I used full packets from Asda, and it was about double what was really needed. Also, I used cod - bought packets of frozen cod and salmon, worked really well
Classic chunky fish cakes

The bolognese was outstanding

The chilli was very average, quite disappointed. This was one of my starting points when I was trying to put something together. I might even have pinched a recipe someone else put in this thread, come to think of it
But next time, I'll try one of these I think
How to cook perfect chilli con carne

Last edited:
Fish Cakes
Tip - Dont go overboard with the herbs - I used full packets from Asda, and it was about double what was really needed. Also, I used cod - bought packets of frozen cod and salmon, worked really well
Classic chunky fish cakes

The bolognese was outstanding

The chilli was very average, quite disappointed. This was one of my starting points when I was trying to put something together. I might even have pinched a recipe someone else put in this thread, come to think of it
But next time, I'll try one of these I think
How to cook perfect chilli con carne
Cheers mate that's spot on.

That's the way to do it mate. I keep meaning to but hardly bother even though it makes sense. Thankfully I finish early every night so have more time.

We like loads of different stuff. Curries, Mexican, Stews, pizza, BBQ. She loves salads whereas I'm really not keen on anything of that type - its ok as a garnish, but its rare I enjoy a salad (although she does a bean and avacado salad that I enjoy from time to time).
I really really hate celery and courgettes - as in, I can tell if they've been blended into a sauce!

We're not skint, and happy to buy shortcuts to make things easier.
Would be great if anyone could throw suggestions into the thread - thanks in advance.

My only suggestion, based on that sentence, would be to be happy being fat.
I think I put a few pounds on just reading it.

Back