Fitzies end of a era

Disagree on the Peacock. Been in a few times and the choice has been poor, had a couple of ropey pints as well. Last twice we’ve gone to go in (Saturday night and a Sunday afternoon I think, though not 100% sure) it’s been deserted so we’ve turned around and not bothered. Fire Station is better.

Chaplins is ok, beer isn’t brilliant but it’s drinkable. Too many bland pale ales and bitters on though.

Was in Granny Annies yesterday and the handpull choice was average, can’t even remember what it was but nowt appealed. I drink the Shedhead Pale Ale in there and that’s quite decent.

Some cracking beers in the peacock. And the fact it takes two seconds to get served is a bonus.

Anyone know if the Curry, Rice and Chips is still a no go at Fitzies?
I think it is but it isn't the same quality as it once was, the staff are rightly pissed off because they are the ones who bare the brunt of the criticism, you also wait ages if it's busy because the mini fryer they have for the chips only takes one or two portions, it's ridiculous. The pizzas are canny if that's what you fancy but the rest of the menu is average and not particularly good value. The Mag owners basically don't give a fuck about it tbh. I think older Matt (Aldis - good lad, Gillingham fan) is working for the Great North Eastern brewery, he was shit on by the head office anarl, SJF are idiots basically, I'll still be in this afternoon though!

Fitzies was our usual haunt on a match day for a few pints of real ale and a bowl of curry and chips.

We went to the Promenade down Seaburn yesterday and they have a couple of good real ales on and the chip butty we had was lush. Perfect for soaking up the drink. Home cooked chips and a nice gravy.

@silva fox also mentioned that it was pretty milftastic.

Last edited:
I think it is but it isn't the same quality as it once was, the staff are rightly pissed off because they are the ones who bare the brunt of the criticism, you also wait ages if it's busy because the mini fryer they have for the chips only takes one or two portions, it's ridiculous. The pizzas are canny if that's what you fancy but the rest of the menu is average and not particularly good value. The Mag owners basically don't give a fuck about it tbh. I think older Matt (Aldis - good lad, Gillingham fan) is working for the Great North Eastern brewery, he was shit on by the head office anarl, SJF are idiots basically, I'll still be in this afternoon though!
Thanks for the heads up. Will avoid.

Fitzies was our usual haunt on a match day for a few pints of real ale and a bowl of curry and chips.

We went to the Promenade down Seaburn yesterday and they have a couple of good real ales on and the chip butty we had was lush. Perfect for soaking up the drink. Home cooked chips and a nice gravy.

@silva fox also mentioned that it was pretty milftastic.
Do they? What did they have on?

Might be upping their game. One of reasons hardly go in was crap selection of beer.
Only ever used to go in for a swifty, before having a meal in Gabrielle's every now and again.

Was really pleased to see two bloody good real ales on draft.

Likely to be our new match day ritual. Decent little crawl up to the match with the Harbour view and Avenue keeping good ales on.

Only ever used to go in for a swifty, before having a meal in Gabrielle's every now and again.

Was really pleased to see two bloody good real ales on draft.

Likely to be our new match day ritual. Decent little crawl up to the match with the Harbour view and Avenue keeping good ales on.
Always liked Promenade as a pub just beer was crap. I drink in Harbour View. I wish other pubs could keep their beer as well as there and have the selection. Always changing in Harbour as full of pisspots. Nee MILFS though.

Back