Fitbits

Have they got better, or more accurate as time has moved on? Bought a Charge 2 for about 100 squidleys about 5 year ago. Had a few replacements because it was under warranty & the straps were snapping & it died once. So I’ve done well out of it. I only really want it for time & calorie burn, but the battery’s starting to struggle a bit.

If I upgrade to one of the dozens of new releases since will it be better for what I want it for?

I had charge and blaze but switched to Garmin Feenix Pro 6 18months ago. I know there's a bit of a price difference but the depth and volume of data shits all over the fitbits.

Have they got better, or more accurate as time has moved on? Bought a Charge 2 for about 100 squidleys about 5 year ago. Had a few replacements because it was under warranty & the straps were snapping & it died once. So I’ve done well out of it. I only really want it for time & calorie burn, but the battery’s starting to struggle a bit.

If I upgrade to one of the dozens of new releases since will it be better for what I want it for?
I gave up on expensive smartwatches after having 2 fitbits die on me/straps snapping less than a year after purchase.
I only really wanted it for calories/step count, nothing flash. I bought this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09CCPNPSZ/ for £35 a couple of months back and it does everything I want for a third of the price. No problems with it so far - been wearing it for 2 months and only had to charge once. The purple strap with rose gold effect detail looks way more expensive than it is.

Garmin watches are better. The cheapest one will do what you need.
I gave up on expensive smartwatches after having 2 fitbits die on me/straps snapping less than a year after purchase.
I only really wanted it for calories/step count, nothing flash. I bought this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09CCPNPSZ/ for £35 a couple of months back and it does everything I want for a third of the price. No problems with it so far - been wearing it for 2 months and only had to charge once. The purple strap with rose gold effect detail looks way more expensive than it is.
Canny looking Apple watch snide that.

Last edited:
I’ve been toying with buying one as I’m a fatty and that’s all I want it for too. Don’t want to pay loads and they look nice!

It is actually.

I want a replacement for my Fitbit charge 3. But I’d like my new one to be able to include my golf. Any recommendations?
My Feenix 6 pro barely mentions its golf application when it's advertised but I think that's because Garmin market golf specific watches as well. I've found it to be excellent.

GPS automatically picks up every course I've played and gives you hole map and distances to the pin and last shot distances. Depending on your settings you can input your club selection as you go along and it will increase the data available to analyse afterwards. I can't be arsed with that so I switch that one off. But it keeps score and gives you gps to the pin as you play along with a scorecard breakdown at the end of the round with how you played each hole where the ball landed for each shot. Driving stats, greens in regulation, putts, etc.

As a non specific golf watch I can't recommend it enough. Two of my mates have bought them after seeing how it performs. No need to keep whipping out your phone or looking for sprinkler heads to guage distance. It's on your wrist. You also set which tee marker's you're playing off at the beginning. Whether you're playing comp or social, women's etc.

It's not just golf though, it pretty much tackles everything with this level of detail from sleep monitoring to cycling, running or treadmill. You can even tailor it to your gym workout so it picks up your movements on certain machines.

I've pimped mine up with a new band and bezel after I knocked it around a bit at work. I'd recommend the screen protector and you can get protector covers if you do a manual job like me where it can get a few knocks.

Edit : forgot to mention battery life. I get around 12 days with everything I have set up to monitor.

Last edited:

Back