Fitbits

xmfd

Winger
Anyone use these? Thinking about getting one but not sure what types the best value for money etc, I only want something that will track distance and heartrate really.

Charge 2 here too. I use the steps and try and beat my target each day (apart from this week when I'm being lazy :D)

The sleep monitor has been really useful in helping to fix my insomnia.

I got the Alta HR for Christmas (or a bit earlier!), and it’s a good piece of kit. I have very slim wrists so I was going for the Charge 2 originally, but it was too big and looked ridiculous on me. If you just want a basic model then I would recommend the Alta HR, it’s not intrusive or heavy and comes in various colours. The biggest differenc between the two models that I could see was the Charge 2 shows where you’ve been, not just how many steps.

For me the app is what makes it, which you won’t get with a rip-off. You can even track your calories and water intake, and it gives you notifications on the Fitbit if you get any calls or texts.

I’ve got a Blaze. Use it mainly for steps and normally go out of my way to hit at least 10,000. I average 12,000 a day so can’t stand not being at 10k or over.

Got the Charge HR 2 and Surge 2. Like the Surge better as it looks more like a watch, just got Surge this month, been using Charge HR over past 18 months with no issues. They do everything I want them to do - assist me improve my fitness again.

Had a charge HR and got a blaze now. My wife has an alta I think with the silver bangle.
I found them great motivation to make you go the extra to reach your targets which you probably wouldn't do otherwise.
Even got my 5 going on 6 year old a garmin vivofit jr2 for xmas and she's telling me her step count and checking she's ahead of me every 10 minutes

To be fair that has decent reviews and it's cheap. Was looking at the Fitbit Alto HR for £100, but not sure now. If the Fit Bit app is as good as people have said it might be worth the extra £70...
i lost weight more through the app i though, by recording my calorie intake (similar to myfitnesspal i'm told off here). i don't think the fitbit i've got has increased my step count, its more that it puts your fitness at the front of your mind as you've got this thing on your wrist.

it must do something though, i lost a stone over the summer with it.

Had a charge HR and got a blaze now. My wife has an alta I think with the silver bangle.
I found them great motivation to make you go the extra to reach your targets which you probably wouldn't do otherwise.
Even got my 5 going on 6 year old a garmin vivofit jr2 for xmas and she's telling me her step count and checking she's ahead of me every 10 minutes

Is the Alta good enough for what it does? Like, should I spend the extra on the better ones if I just need to watch my heart rate and steps?

Just posted this as a thread in the SMB but until 6pm today you get 20% off everything on Ebay.

Use code PNY2018

Just bought myself a new Garmin Forerunner 30 for £80. Bargain.

Just posted this as a thread in the SMB but until 6pm today you get 20% off everything on Ebay.

Use code PNY2018

Just bought myself a new Garmin Forerunner 30 for £80. Bargain.

This better than the old Alta HR like?

Back