Fitbit Shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scales ?
Move more, eat less

f***ing simple
This.

Cut out the sweets and process sauces. Take the stairs instead of the lift and get off the bus/train a stop early. Little changes can make difference.

I like mine and have found it useful. I didn't realise people would find me looking after my health with a watch so offensive.
I got that as well. I started a kickboxing class and now my mates call me Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris. Like that is meant to be an insult.:lol:

Wot did you do before they were Invented? Count?

I was struggling with insomnia and high levels of stress that was making my crohns and depression worse. I've found the sleep tracker and heart rate monitor really useful. I'm sleeping much better now and getting less stressed which has reduced my resting BPM. My crohns is better than it was and I feel much happier in myself.

I have a Garmin for swimming, stops me being a lazy kernt and thinking I am paggered when I am not.

I think fitness trackers are tremendous as a motivational tool. When you are just starting out and maybe cant run more than a minute or so they usefully show you calorie burn and stuff to keep you going, yes its inaccurate but you can see yourself getting better every time. When you get a bit better they can track your runs, bike rides, swims , whathaveyou and give you data so you can see yourself getting better.

But Fitbit just marketing shite...get a pedometer downloaded onto a smartphone for nowt
Steps mean nowt though. Fitbits with heart rate monitors accurately show how many calories you have burnt. Its a great tool for people wanting to hit their goals. Aye you can do things manually but this helps you work that much smarter.

Steps mean nowt though. Fitbits with heart rate monitors accurately show how many calories you have burnt. Its a great tool for people wanting to hit their goals. Aye you can do things manually but this helps you work that much smarter.

Now I have all sorts of gizmo's etc for biking...but the one thing fitness gadgets are well known for is getting calories badly wrong. Generally they way over estimate calories burned

I'm guessing this wasn't in the Diet & Fitness forum at first & has been moved there later judging by the replies on the first page? I've had a Fitbit since April last year & has went from 15 1/2 st to 14st. Purely by using the calories counter & measuring what I'm putting in via MyFitnessPal. It's easy saying move more & eat less, but it's a big struggle if you're not aware of the numbers. You could think you're doing really well & making sacrifices & still consuming more than you're burning.

I knaa, but it appears trendy for Chubbas at cocktail parties to now blame the girth on only managing 9,300 steps today but at least I've paid the £100 to join the club.......was in S'land hozzie the other day, every fooka over 20 stone was sitting drinking Diet Coke..........
Cokes not the best drink, but you're moaning about an overweight person choosing to drink the option with less calories?

Now I have all sorts of gizmo's etc for biking...but the one thing fitness gadgets are well known for is getting calories badly wrong. Generally they way over estimate calories burned
@supersesh says he's spent a bit time monitoring & the Fitbit is a good indicator of calories burned.

I'm guessing this wasn't in the Diet & Fitness forum at first & has been moved there later judging by the replies on the first page? I've had a Fitbit since April last year & has went from 15 1/2 st to 14st. Purely by using the calories counter & measuring what I'm putting in via MyFitnessPal. It's easy saying move more & eat less, but it's a big struggle if you're not aware of the numbers. You could think you're doing really well & making sacrifices & still consuming more than you're burning.

Cokes not the best drink, but you're moaning about an overweight person choosing to drink the option with less calories?

@supersesh says he's spent a bit time monitoring & the Fitbit is a good indicator of calories burned.

It's well known that gadgets attempting to measure calories are often wildly innacurate, and for that also include gym exercise equipment.
Even if fitbit asks weight/height/sex there are still many other factors such as bodyshape/genes/efficiency of heart etc

The only truly accurate way is by lab testing( which can set a benchmark) the likes of VO2 max testing etc would achieve this, but obviously outside the reach of most people

If it works for chubbas fair do's.....drinking diet coke in public but eating 5,000 calories a day in private?

Once you link them up to My Fitness Pal and track your calorie intake versus what you burn, it can make a massive difference. You can actually see the difference getting off your arse makes.

My wife swears by My Fitness Pal she has lost something like 7 kg since she started monitoring her intake with it - and she was only 52/53 kg to start with. Down at about 45 kg now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back