Fitbit Ionic or Garmin Vivoactive 4S

Had a Fitbit Charge HR 2 for years but it's almost dead! Battery doesn't hold a charge for long and it's not recording stuff accurately.

Can't decide between the Ionic or Vivoactive 4. Narrowed it down to those two as they both have built in GPS, as the connected GPS on my current Fitbit is rubbish and doesn't always work.

More interested in the sports and health features. Not so fussed about mobile phone functions or music on the watch.

Which one is best and why?

What did you go for? I got the vivoactive 4 last week and am generally pleased, though it won't connect to wifi (and therefore spotify) which is annoying. Apparently a known issue.

What did you go for? I got the vivoactive 4 last week and am generally pleased, though it won't connect to wifi (and therefore spotify) which is annoying. Apparently a known issue.

I got the Vivoactive 4s (as I have little wrists :lol:) I love it and like it better than my old fitbit. Love the running coach and have been following a training plan on that as I want to improve my running. It seems to record cardio and weights circuits at the gym more accurately than my fitbit did.

The stress monitor thing seems a bit odd at times. Eg: it flashed up high stress the other week, but I was just in my bedroom leisurely putting my washing away and felt quite calm?!

Haven't tried to connect it to wifi as I haven't got spotify.

I got the Vivoactive 4s (as I have little wrists :lol:) I love it and like it better than my old fitbit. Love the running coach and have been following a training plan on that as I want to improve my running. It seems to record cardio and weights circuits at the gym more accurately than my fitbit did.

The stress monitor thing seems a bit odd at times. Eg: it flashed up high stress the other week, but I was just in my bedroom leisurely putting my washing away and felt quite calm?!

Haven't tried to connect it to wifi as I haven't got spotify.

I need to properly explore a lot of the functions still. Haven't actually used it for exercise yet but going to go for a swim and a jog later. Definitely like the running coach idea, its real time isn't it?

Yeah mine told me I was stressed on Saturday in the pub before the match, but nothing at the game :lol:

I've emailed Garmin and messaged on Twitter so will wait to see about the Wifi :confused:

Definitely like the running coach idea, its real time isn't it?

You schedule workouts, so I've put three a week and it adapts as you move through. So if you're struggling, it'll keep you doing shorter runs until you get the hang of it, but if you start finding it easy, it will increase the difficulty for you. I've done ordinary runs with it and did some sprint repeats with it on Saturday. Must have looked a bit odd doing odd bursts of sprint along the path round our village like :lol:

Back