Fish Shop Friday Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

me son brought it home from the Oktoberfest 10 years ago..he couldn't believe how many the barmaids managed to carry in each hand
I tried to steal 7 of them but they have 'stein coppers' on the gates so I only got away with two and that was only because someone was trying to run away with the tea urn from the Indian restaurant bit.

I tried to steal 7 of them but they have 'stein coppers' on the gates so I only got away with two and that was only because someone was trying to run away with the tea urn from the Indian restaurant bit.
That made me properly laugh out loud. A tea urn? What would they need that for? Surely it'd be scalding them as they ran with it?

That made me properly laugh out loud. A tea urn? What would they need that for? Surely it'd be scalding them as they ran with it?
God knows. The lads who were making off with it were English and I started running along with them with a ridiculous heart-shaped cookie thing round me neck. They ditched the tea urn at the end of the track and, in between laughing, they didn't know why they'd tried to nick it anyway. I got lost on the way back to my brother-in-laws flat (some of these lads had hid under a car even though there were no police about). I think it was the first night I got an inkling my ex-wife wouldn't put up with my behaviour for ever. It was a grand night.

Bought a perlenbacher one in Lidl today. £5 with a 1 litre can of Perlenbacher in it.

Today I went to Peggys Plaice in New Herrington, I think this has only opened recently.

Logon or register to see this image

Wasn't busy at all. Not a pensioner in sight Fish was cooked to order. The staff didn't really seem to have a clue what they were doing tbh. Fish was cooked surprisingly quickly. £5.50 for a fish lot, batter was offered and accepted and it came in a nice fancy box.

Logon or register to see this image

[

It soon became clear why the fish didn't take long to cook, cos it was f***ing tiny. What fish there was was nice enough but it was just far too small. Chips were a bit dry and seemed a little under cooked and there wasn't a great load of them. They advertise that they cook in beef dripping which we all know is the holy grail but tbh it didn't come anywhere near matching up with other establishments that use dripping. Overall a disappointing 5/10.

#fishshopfriday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back