Fish Shop Friday Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Today I visited i Fratelli in Stratford. The shop had some promising online reviews and I was reassured to see a queue out of the door on arrival.

Logon or register to see this image

I opted for the 'Meal Deal' medium cod and chips for £6.50, a bargain for London. A good sized piece of fish with a modest serving of chips, unfortunately served up in a box rather than just paper. Batter was not offered but this is London so not a surprise.

I managed to get it home in time to limit the damage done by the box. The batter was nice and light although had lost a bit of its crispness, chips had similarly started the steaming process on the drive. Despite this, both fish and chips were full of flavour, the fish in particular was a delight. If I was being hyper-critical, I could say the fish was a little bit dry in places but it didn't detract from a very enjoyable meal. While not the biggest portion of chips, they were more than enough for me and the dog certainly enjoyed the couple of leftovers.

All in all, highly recommended (not too far out of the way when visiting the Olympic Stadium, although we might not get a chance to do so next season at this rate). Will visit again, 9/10.

Last edited:
I can assure everyone the peas weren't factored into the score.
they bloody well should be!!

Today I visited i Fratelli in Stratford. The shop had some promising online reviews and I was reassured to see a queue out of the door on arrival.

I opted for the 'Meal Deal' medium cod and chips for £6.50, a bargain for London. A good sized piece of fish with a modest serving of chips, unfortunately served up in a box rather than just paper. Batter was not offered but this is London so not a surprise.

I managed to get it home in time to limit the damage done by the box. The batter was nice and light although had lost a bit of its crispness, chips had similarly started the steaming process on the drive. Despite this, both fish and chips were full of flavour, the fish in particular was a delight. If I was being hyper-critical, I could say the fish was a little bit dry in places but it didn't detract from a very enjoyable meal. While not the biggest portion of chips, they were more than enough for me and the dog certainly enjoyed the couple of leftovers.

All in all, highly recommended (not too far out of the way when visiting the Olympic Stadium, although we might not get a chance to do so next season at this rate). Will visit again, 9/10.

did the dog enjoy his biscuits?

Reactions: Pop

Are you eating them off the floor next to the dogs bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back