Fish an Chips

Queen's down Seaburn last Friday was excellent as per usual.

Paul's in Jaraa is canny.

The one in North Shields Fish Quay anarl
Queens is better than Minchellas I reckon because they use dripping. I always think Minchellas is almost raw as well.
North Shields are normally quite good. They use defrost Russian cod and most people think it would be fresh from the quay.

Can't use Danielas as young un has a nut allergy and they use groundnut oil.
You will know better than me but I was told by the edible oil council at a fish and chip function- that ground nut oil when cooked does not effect people with nut allergies.
Anyway we should boycott shops using ground nut and palm oil. Not just because of the environment but because they are generally shit.

You will know better than me but I was told by the edible oil council at a fish and chip function- that ground nut oil when cooked does not effect people with nut allergies.
Anyway we should boycott shops using ground nut and palm oil. Not just because of the environment but because they are generally shit.
It might do but our lass would never take the risk. It is shite as well as you say :)

It is light you are right. It really is a different meal. A meal of fish and chips up north is normally enough food for the day as you feel full. However , down south, although the portions are normally stupidly big, the meal feels light and you can still eat later in the day.

He’s still buying the best. 32+ Faroese cod. Really expensive as well. Was someone stabbed outside his shop a few weeks ago?
Best for the sh shop for miles. By a mile. I think I did read something about that aye

Nowt better than a day old cod caught with rod and line. About a 3 pounder. Gutted, filleted and boned. One fillet skinned for her. One skin left on for me. Floured and a nice beer batter. Done in dripping accompanied with chips and mushy peas. Couple of segments of lemon.
2 buttered, thick warburtons slices of bread.

And a nice steaming cup of tea.
I know what I’m having for dinner!

Nowt better than a day old cod caught with rod and line. About a 3 pounder. Gutted, filleted and boned. One fillet skinned for her. One skin left on for me. Floured and a nice beer batter. Done in dripping accompanied with chips and mushy peas. Couple of segments of lemon.
2 buttered, thick warburtons slices of bread.

And a nice steaming cup of tea.
I know what I’m having for dinner!
Glad you said day old. Straight out the sea is too wet and tasteless.

It is very difficult to get good fish and chips in the south east. 90% are shocking. Massive portions of chips with stodgy batter , boiled in veg oil. Please recommend a good one.

Britannia fish bar near mile end is good.

Lee Road fish bar man. You know this lad.

Seconded

I hate them - don’t buy off me !! They spout all this shite about fresh from Cornwall when it’s defrost from Billingsgate.

What’s billingsgate like for the public? Is it worth going or just as easy to go to a fishmonger somewhere?

Last edited:
I know the answer to this. People wouldn't mug you for your cuppa soup ?

I like F&C as part of my matchday routine. I like Croziers, but haven't been for a while, can't get parked nearby.
Buy at Danielas in Boldon. They cook their fish to order, which ensures hot fish. But the chips have been standing a while for the last two visits, and have just been warm. Portsmouth may be their last chance. Shame, because i'm fairly happy with them usually.
Daniela's isn't very good + this is owing to it being drippingless; well and it being poo generally.
Ling kicks the arse of both, metaphorically obviously
Looks a hefty grain to it like, but I haven't sampled.

Back