Fish an Chips

practically scrapes the f***ing pattern off
deserves its own thread, but i suspect if she's ever get one of those weight watcher yogurts she'll be using the spoons to get every tiny little bit of yogurt out the pot... bet she stirs her tea really f***ing loudly too...

deserves its own thread, but i suspect if she's ever get one of those weight watcher yogurts she'll be using the spoons to get every tiny little bit of yogurt out the pot... bet she stirs her tea really f***ing loudly too...

She drinks boiled water with lemon and thinks it's some kind of miracle cure.
Berocca too. Like it's straight from the f***ing fountain of youth.

My favourite fish and chip place is in North Shields, but to suggest you can't get proper or decent fish and chips in the south is just the sort of twaddle I'd expect a northerner with a triple-cooked chip in his shoulder to come out with.

The average standard is lower I'd say. Also Merseyside is f***ing appalling in this regard which makes me sad.

My favourite fish and chip place is in North Shields, but to suggest you can't get proper or decent fish and chips in the south is just the sort of twaddle I'd expect a northerner with a triple-cooked chip in his shoulder to come out with.
It is very difficult to get good fish and chips in the south east. 90% are shocking. Massive portions of chips with stodgy batter , boiled in veg oil. Please recommend a good one.

I supply it and his other shop and pub but don’t think it comes close to an average shop in the north east. He does like good quality fish though.

Here?

The Virgin Queen - The Virgin Queen

I find it really light compared to back home. I never get a film on the roof of my mouth from eating it anyway.
It is light you are right. It really is a different meal. A meal of fish and chips up north is normally enough food for the day as you feel full. However , down south, although the portions are normally stupidly big, the meal feels light and you can still eat later in the day.

Lee Road fish bar man. You know this lad.
He’s still buying the best. 32+ Faroese cod. Really expensive as well. Was someone stabbed outside his shop a few weeks ago?

Last edited:
It is light you are right. It really is a different meal. A meal of fish and chips up north is normally enough food for the day as you feel full. However , down south, although the portions are normally stupidly big, the meal feels light and you can still eat later in the day.

Yeah I like that about it to be honest. Sutton & Sons seems to be quite popular as well but I think they’re a bit crap.

Back