First Utility

With them for years, pay around £45 a month combined. Submit my gas meter readings monthly, electricity is smart meter. Never had an issue. Over 2 or 3 years I'd built up around £150 credit, used their website to ask for half of it back 5 days later it was in my bank.

Plan expires in May, I'll probably stick with them on a new one.

Has anybody had any dealings with these utter, utter bastards?

I uSwitched from them to E.ON at the beginning of the year to save a few quid on my energy bills. Now they're saying I owe them £351 in despite them never contacting me about underpaying at any point during my time with them.

I recall about 6 months ago they said they were going to charge me more per month because I'd failed to supply them with meter readings but once I gave them the readings they said everything was fine and billed me the normal amount.

Did you ever submit a meter reading?

If not, pay up.

Having worked in this industry, albeit a few years back, when I read threads like this, the exact same queries come up time and again, despite all the years of deregulation and open market

Turning your heating down by a couple of degrees can knock 10% off the bill, which is around the average saving on transferring to another firm

We were promised cheaper gas and electricity when they became a free market, (Tory idea) yet we now see very little difference no matter what firm you use.

It makes me laugh, when seeing EDF, which is a state run company being one of the major firms in this country.

So we are subsidising a state run firm to help customers in France. What a jolly wheeze that one is

Also a number of other firms are run from Germany, Spain etc etc.

I'm glad we've took back control though

Bunch of complete bastards. They’d been overcharging us for months , we were £300 in credit, ask them to reduce our monthly payments and refund the £300. They agreed to this but didn’t do either. Told them that we were switching due to them being useless, it then took about 4 months to get the money, they said that they’d refunded the money, but we hadn’t received it. We had to send them our bank statements to prove we hadn’t received the money, then they said that they’d payed the money into the wrong account. Also they tried to Charge us £200 for switching, that’s the point when I threatened to report them to the utilities watchdog. We eventually got it sorted however I would advise everybody to avoid the arseholes like the plague.

Bunch of complete bastards. They’d been overcharging us for months , we were £300 in credit, ask them to reduce our monthly payments and refund the £300. They agreed to this but didn’t do either. Told them that we were switching due to them being useless, it then took about 4 months to get the money, they said that they’d refunded the money, but we hadn’t received it. We had to send them our bank statements to prove we hadn’t received the money, then they said that they’d payed the money into the wrong account. Also they tried to Charge us £200 for switching, that’s the point when I threatened to report them to the utilities watchdog. We eventually got it sorted however I would advise everybody to avoid the arseholes like the plague.

When I left Scottish Power they had around £150 they owed me. Took me over 3 months and reporting them to the regulator to get a reply and eventually my money. Ovo seem canny so I’m happy to stick with them rather than play energy Russian Roulette for the sake of a couple of quid a month.

Back