First Utility

Has anybody had any dealings with these utter, utter bastards?

I uSwitched from them to E.ON at the beginning of the year to save a few quid on my energy bills. Now they're saying I owe them £351 in despite them never contacting me about underpaying at any point during my time with them.

I recall about 6 months ago they said they were going to charge me more per month because I'd failed to supply them with meter readings but once I gave them the readings they said everything was fine and billed me the normal amount.

Sounds like you have been underpaying your bills and now need to catchup those underpayments and because you haven't been submitting meter readings they have been estimating your bills. Phone them and get a meter in that automatically sends them readings to save that, it's free.

They should just up your monthly bill to cover that so you don't have to pay it all at once. I'm on First Utility and they have been good.

In total for gas and leccy?

Did uSwitch when I moved in and they were the cheapest. Mentally cheap I know but that's what they said, and when I submitted my meter readings regularly in the beginning it always £45 a month.

Wouldn't have minded paying the actual amount it's the fact they're now asking for £351 in a lump sum that takes the piss. They never said anything to me at any point during my time with them.

Sounds like you have been underpaying your bills and now need to catchup those underpayments and because you haven't been submitting meter readings they have been estimating your bills. Phone them and get a meter in that automatically sends them readings to save that, it's free.

They should just up your monthly bill to cover that so you don't have to pay it all at once. I'm on First Utility and they have been good.

I'm not with them any more though.

I was with them a year or two ago. They were fine with me. I always sent them meter readings regularly using the phone app. I was also paying £45 a month. I'm not a massive fanny, so I don't have the heating on all year round.

:lol: neither do we.

The living room/kitchen/dining room is all open plan so if you're making your dinner the whole place is boiling anyway.

They set me up on direct debit for far more than I needed to pay. Ended up £600 in credit. Took me 9 months to get my money back. utter bastards!
I was with them couple of year ago and they were sound, the online management was excellent, I changed it to paying exactly what I had used each month, variable DD. this ensures you don't underpay or overpay

has anyone else tried powershop? im with them and i must say i like it - you buy units as you need them with discounts for buying units ahead for certain months and special deals on units and you can see on a calendar how many days or weeks you are covered depending on usage. Although initially i must have spent 150 quid or so - im so far ahead now with the amount of units i have and my usage that i neednt buy any more leccy until august!

The energy companies are much of a muchness on price IMO.

The trick is never to get on their standard tariffs. That's when you get screwed

Back